Harvest 2010

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Well wheat is testing tough 17.8 long way to go to 14.5...peas tested 17.7 around lunch time...16.5 @ 5 this after noon. Nice thing is hardly any cracks...LOL takiing it off and mix with drier peas. Weather forecast don't look good...70% chance of rain on Monday and after that it don't look very good..:(:(:(. Wife took wheat sample in, they said it was a number 2 and it would cost .30 cents a bushel to dry it down, with an initial payment of $1.89 per bushel??? WTF have to check on that, cause that can't be right. If it is that's it for me growing Hard Spring Red,..... Canadian Wheat Board can go phuk themselves. I'd like to see a no 1 wheat this year...if it's not ergot, it's moldy or starting to sprout. Will grow CPS and sell it to the ethanol plant.......funny how we don't bitch about the price of fuel, but raise the price of bread and flour and then watch the bitchen....

dwillowguy

Reaction score
After posting previous rant..I read Badss comment and you know what after all the bullch!t I would'nt give this life style up for nothing. Sure we bitch...not enough rain, too much rain, too hot, too cold, no cold beer left..LOL but there's no better place to raise a family. Everyone comes together and even thou the weather sucks, or the combine broke down...at least your there together as a family. And in my mind that is what matters :beer::beer::beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen a guy down the road tryin to attack his wheat yesterday to. did one round and called er quits. combine was leaving huge ruts too. gonna be fun to fix all that up next year.

Hicktown

Reaction score
After posting previous rant..I read Badss comment and you know what after all the bullch!t I would'nt give this life style up for nothing. Sure we bitch...not enough rain, too much rain, too hot, too cold, no cold beer left..LOL but there's no better place to raise a family. Everyone comes together and even thou the weather sucks, or the combine broke down...at least your there together as a family. And in my mind that is what matters :beer::beer::beer:

Well said!!
Could not agree more!
Providing food to the world is a pretty noble profession if you ask me...

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you sound like a fantastic Dad there Scotts! I lost my dad in 91 at the age of 59 years....the days of gowing up on the farm and the times we had together are some of my dearest and most memorable....hold your family close and keep farmin Scotts...its what lifes all about ...can ya tell I miss the farm? Sure wished I could have raised my family on the farm....its a very special place where special friendships and life lessons are taught and learned...it don't get any better...now if they only paid our farmers for what they are worth wouldn't that be a bonus eh!?

You have a great day there Scotts....and keep them pics commin....BADSS

Thanks badss, being a dad to my two boys is about the only thing in life that i havent fawked up at doing.

ned

Reaction score
Typically John deer combine would have to pull there john deer air drill behind in the fall beacuse it throws over enough grain to seed behind:d

The only problem with john deere equipment is never getting time off from breakdowns. My grand father always said that there is two types of farmers. Ones that have jd equipment and ones that wish they did.:d

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're all good when they run and they're the same crap brown colour when broke down.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You nailed it! you know....if there was a way of being able to get back into it...I wouldn't hesitate...but to go out and to have to buy a full line of equipment....I don't know....she's a batlle.... and you have a right to rant! Most of the general public simply have no clue as to the trials and tribulations our Agriculture sector is faced with not to mention the stress...but you are right Dwillowguy about family...there is not another occupation as good as it gets when it comes to farming and family....nothing like eating a hot meal out in the field that Mom cooked up at harvest and watching the grain pour in....especially if the weather co-operates...everyone is smiling and joking around....it makes it so worth while....I am envious of you farmers! Have a great day my farming friends!!!!!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks badss, being a dad to my two boys is about the only thing in life that i havent fawked up at doing.

Oh I don't know Scotts....don't sell yourself short there bud....sounds like you got a pretty good plan goin....:beer:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said!!
Could not agree more!
Providing food to the world is a pretty noble profession if you ask me...
People do say farmers are complainers. I grew up on a mixed operation. People who don't know about farming don't realize the delicate balance between not enough rain and too much. Not enough and you get lousy crops, too much and you may get good yields (if you get the heat) but it's a b@#$ch getting it off and the quality starts to suffer, then when you get some good weather, your equipment breaks down, then you get it fixed and it starts raining again. The reason that the European countries subsidized the agriculture industry the way they did and still do to a certain extent, is because they've been through wars on their lands that devastated the crops, etc. and have seen first hand what being hungry is all about. We have to make sure we have a strong agri industry in Canada because we don't EVER want to get into the situation that we have to buy our food from another country. Much of the farmers complaining is justified and let's face it, we ALL complain.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:bow:Farmers.....You have my utmost thanks and respect:You_Rock:. I couldn't imagine how many hours of blood, sweat, and tears you put in just to have nature/government/wheatboards :(screw you.

Hicktown

Reaction score
:bow:Farmers.....You have my utmost thanks and respect:You_Rock:. I couldn't imagine how many hours of blood, sweat, and tears you put in just to have nature/government/wheatboards :(screw you.

We do what we can with what we got, and we do it all cause we love it!
Sure aint in it for the praise and gold.

Heck I work a second job just to fund my adrenaline addictions...

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do what we can with what we got, and we do it all cause we love it!
Sure aint in it for the praise and gold.

Heck I work a second job just to fund my adrenaline addictions...

some people wouldn't understand the feeling of getting into a high HP big 4 wheel drive and pulling 40 to 60 feet cultivator or 30 feet of disc...or a big big combine...turn up the tunes and farm away all day...no rush hour traffic...crazy drivers fippin the bird....just one with the land...wildlife...dogs and kids...maybe do a little hunting...miss those days.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yawn

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 231

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics of me and my boy, he's not quite 2 yet, and loves every thing on the farm... Has to be in the drivers seat of every item on the farm, can't go to the farm without driving something. And loves the Combine, hopefully sunday he can get some seat time with grandpa:d

1500 bushels of barley off, lots left, and testing 15.0, hoping it comes down some tomorrow, but will have to run it through the dryer if it makes malt!:beer::beer:

Attachments

• DSC01756.JPG.jpg
    DSC01756.JPG.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC01757.JPG.jpg
    DSC01757.JPG.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC01758.JPG.jpg
    DSC01758.JPG.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC01760.JPG.jpg
    DSC01760.JPG.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 230

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pair of coyotes learning how to be brothers

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 220

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
some people wouldn't understand the feeling of getting into a high HP big 4 wheel drive and pulling 40 to 60 feet cultivator or 30 feet of disc...or a big big combine...turn up the tunes and farm away all day...no rush hour traffic...crazy drivers fippin the bird....just one with the land...wildlife...dogs and kids...maybe do a little hunting...miss those days.[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!:d

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
must be a billion stars out tonight. Very humbling

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One time we had a family of chinese people stop on the highway and ask if the could ping tang pow chow yonger la. Whatever the means.... turned out that they wanted a ride in the combine. They're really trigger happy with the camera's....

Top Bottom