Harley to release 500cc & 750cc liquid cooled motorcycles for 2104

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be a good fit for new riders that have to have a harley.
Rather than buying a 600 - 900 lb bike.
Two women ( and one guy ) at work, who bought Harley crashed them at low speeds
all new riders, all rookie mistakes, some were cut off, some just missed a turn.
When they talked about the accidents it sounded like,
If they were riding a lighter more maneuverable bike they could of avoided it.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a huge market for these bikes. Harley has progressing the bike market for a few years now. Its definitely targeting women riders. They have started the "garage meetings" at most dealership to help tap into this market. My dealer is getting a few of these bikes, some are presold units. But really who is actively selling in this market? And about the comments about having your hands vibrate like crazy at stop lights, whens the last time you were on a newer harley? Maybe back in the day, with solid mounted Shovel heads. But the old vibration is no longer on new bikes.
Who is actively selling in this market? Pretty much every other manufacturer out there. Harley is late to the party, but these will sell. People just have to have their H-Ds.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a Harley guy use to mean something. It was a image thing, connected you to a select group but now every weekend worrier with goo credit has one just because it a H-D. I think that H-D use to have one heck of a product, but imho it has slid due to over manufacturing and market saturation.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The target market for these bikes is Not North America. They will bring them here because they have to, but the Asian and India markets are where these bikes are intended to sell. A booming and growing market that sells more scooters than North America sells two wheelers combined, means we are just a blip on their radar.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
The target market for these bikes is Not North America. They will bring them here because they have to, but the Asian and India markets are where these bikes are intended to sell. A booming and growing market that sells more scooters than North America sells two wheelers combined, means we are just a blip on their radar.
I was reading the same thing on another site.
Like it or Not...It's happening.

Top Bottom