Harley MSRP

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that does look like a Harley knock off :D Harleys have so many parts available the customizing options are endless, I couldn't imagine buying anything else

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You couldn't imagine buying another name....Give them a test ride and make a decision based on that. People get stuck on Harley as the only real motorcycle because of the image, and they are the second oldest manufacturer still making bikes. You just end up paying a premium price for an engine with 80s technology and weighs the same as my truck.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
victoryonly.com

has a decent amount of accessories for the victory bikes and victory offers quite a few of there own as well.

that being said it sounds like you have already decided on the harley!

me im more of a sportbike guy, (ZX6-R and CBR600RR are my bikes) but i have test rode the victory (hammer?) and it was a smooth bike

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a cruiser bike fan myself, but I was originally looking at a HD V-Rod, but I'm so happy I didn't go with one. If you want a bike that has a wow factor and people talk about, take a look at Triumph (the oldest manufacturer still making bikes). I ended up going with one of those, and you get so many people wanting to talk about your bike with you. Triumph has some nice cruisers, with lots of power and a lot of accessories to add on, if shiny chrome is what you are looking for. Just suggesting you don't get stuck on HD because of the image/name, and take a look at other bikes. Take them for a test ride and see what you like best. I for one couldn't stand all the rattling that goes on while riding a Harley, maybe a girl on the back would like all the vibration though. If after riding a few bikes, you still think that HD is the best bike, then get one, they are good looking bikes.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a cruiser bike fan myself, but I was originally looking at a HD V-Rod, but I'm so happy I didn't go with one. If you want a bike that has a wow factor and people talk about, take a look at Triumph (the oldest manufacturer still making bikes). I ended up going with one of those, and you get so many people wanting to talk about your bike with you. Triumph has some nice cruisers, with lots of power and a lot of accessories to add on, if shiny chrome is what you are looking for. Just suggesting you don't get stuck on HD because of the image/name, and take a look at other bikes. Take them for a test ride and see what you like best. I for one couldn't stand all the rattling that goes on while riding a Harley, maybe a girl on the back would like all the vibration though. If after riding a few bikes, you still think that HD is the best bike, then get one, they are good looking bikes.

mmmmmmm 675 Daytona :hail::madgrin:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Very good advice. I had a deal going on a Harley cvo with a 110. A friend told me to test a victory so I did. And bought a vision. Heated seat. Grips. Power windshield. Abs wicked stereo. 5 yr bumper to bumper warranty and 12 k cheaper. If your looking for a vrod. Triump rocket 3 is a sick competitor. I just sold mine last year and miss it dearly. 2300cc monster and with pipes it can push 160+ Haha. To many choices for you but as said above try them all. My main reason for not getting a Harley is the wanna be image that goes with it. I would need to grow a long chin beard. Tattoos. And a hd leather vest. I prefer to wear a fox hoodie. Vans shoes and a summer sucks t shirt. Lol

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
resize.php
You could take a couple of buddies with this bar hopper :beer:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or it could be a German bike from WW2, and it would still run better than a modern day Harley. Just because it has a high MSRP doesn't mean it is a quality item...

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Truth is you can buy any bike for less than a Harley but you become part of a family, if you want to, when you have a Harley. I found out that is sooo true at the HOG rally in Med Hat last weekend.
I Al's own a Yamaha they is awesome and I will ride with any brand.
I rally like my Harley. It's a personal thing the can't be explained. It has to be part of your life to understand.

Hope you find the right bar hopper and I won't ride with you any time
Good luck

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373852595.357565.jpg

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If of put a few miles On my bike this weekend and all bikers wave except Harley riders. Noses inthe air attitude. Hmm. What's up with that.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, if it's a barhopper, I guess it won't matter that it rattles your fillings out while sitting at lights. :p I would stay away from buying through the states, as you get nailed bringing it in to Canada, and any warranty issue will be a PITA to deal with.

Have you ever riddin a Harley?

A real bike is an American Made Harley BUT to each their own. I dont care at all, i'll ride with anyone, its just my personal preference and has been all my life.

Harley Davidson for ever here

Last edited:

ned

Reaction score
If of put a few miles On my bike this weekend and all bikers wave except Harley riders. Noses inthe air attitude. Hmm. What's up with that.
Ride down to my area Andrew. I be sure to give you a salute when we pass each other.:d:d

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't paint all Harley riders with the same brush...I for one will ride with anyone on any brand, and will offer a courteous wave. My current ride is an Ultra Limited, my last ride was a Heritage Softail. Certainly, there are some who don't wave, just as there are dipsh*ts that rip through town as fast as they can, making as much noise as possible, and doing everything they can to attract attention (this goes for riders on any brand, or style of motorcycle)...

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck
Well that's not very nice. :p

I notice this as well, not all Harley riders, but certainly a lot of them. I was chatting to a guy about Harley riders not waving, and he told me a story, where he saw a Harley at the side of the road with some sort of issue, he pulled over to ask the guy if he needed a hand with anything, and was told to F off.

Have you ever riddin a Harley?

A real bike is an American Made Harley BUT to each their own. I dont care at all, i'll ride with anyone, its just my personal preference and has been all my life.

Harley Davidson for ever here
Yes, I have ridden one, when I was looking for bikes, I tested a V-rod. Love the style of the bike, but I just didn't like the way it rode. It's this real bike attitude with Harley owners that I don't understand. What about a Harley makes it a 'real bike' compared to something else? I think this is what makes what SBR was taking about happen. You become part of a family, because HOGs only see HDs as the only true bike, and snub everyone else. Once, I pulled up to a light beside a guy with a HD Ultra Glide, with the giant cushy seats, radio going, cup holders, massage chair (ok maybe a little stretch, but with the amount of vibrating the whole bike was doing it's not far off) and say to him 'nice bike' to be a friendly fellow rider, and get the response 'when are you going to get a real bike?' I just stare at him, and say 'is that what you call that, it looks like a living room' and take off.
I wave to everyone on 2 wheels, except for maybe scooters, and will ride with anyone (but I won't ride behind your straight pipe noise machine), chat with anyone about their bikes, as I just love riding.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truth is you can buy any bike for less than a Harley but you become part of a family, if you want to, when you have a Harley. I found out that is sooo true at the HOG rally in Med Hat last weekend.
I Al's own a Yamaha they is awesome and I will ride with any brand.
I rally like my Harley. It's a personal thing the can't be explained. It has to be part of your life to understand.

Good luck

View attachment 157666

I wasn't really looking for a friend. I just want a Harley to ride. I dont have any interest in being part of the family, or attending local "hog" rallys.

I guess ill be one of the douche bag Harley riders that dont wave too. I just dont get it, I dont wave to fellow pickup drivers. It makes me lol when I am following a biker and he thinks he needs to wave to every other biker. That would get old real fast. Im all for being polite to anyone on the road but I think the mandatory wave is just to much.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's not very nice. :p

I notice this as well, not all Harley riders, but certainly a lot of them. I was chatting to a guy about Harley riders not waving, and he told me a story, where he saw a Harley at the side of the road with some sort of issue, he pulled over to ask the guy if he needed a hand with anything, and was told to F off.

Yes, I have ridden one, when I was looking for bikes, I tested a V-rod. Love the style of the bike, but I just didn't like the way it rode. It's this real bike attitude with Harley owners that I don't understand. What about a Harley makes it a 'real bike' compared to something else? I think this is what makes what SBR was taking about happen. You become part of a family, because HOGs only see HDs as the only true bike, and snub everyone else. Once, I pulled up to a light beside a guy with a HD Ultra Glide, with the giant cushy seats, radio going, cup holders, massage chair (ok maybe a little stretch, but with the amount of vibrating the whole bike was doing it's not far off) and say to him 'nice bike' to be a friendly fellow rider, and get the response 'when are you going to get a real bike?' I just stare at him, and say 'is that what you call that, it looks like a living room' and take off.
I wave to everyone on 2 wheels, except for maybe scooters, and will ride with anyone (but I won't ride behind your straight pipe noise machine), chat with anyone about their bikes, as I just love riding.

In my HONEST opinion, anyone who has an attitude JUST because they own/ride a Harley should stay in the garage. NOW if you wear a respectable and hard earned certain no "names mention" crest on the back on your vest than sure its fine. BUT seriously all you "wannabe" wkend Harley warriors loose the fkn attitudes and grow up!!!!!

Just my 2 cents :)

Yes I ride a Harley BUT minus the "im so bad" attitude!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my HONEST opinion, anyone who has an attitude JUST because they own/ride a Harley should stay in the garage. NOW if you wear a respectable and hard earned certain no "names mention" crest on the back on your vest than sure its fine. BUT seriously all you "wannabe" wkend Harley warriors loose the fkn attitudes and grow up!!!!!

Just my 2 cents :)

Yes I ride a Harley BUT minus the "im so bad" attitude!
That I can get behind. There are a lot of HD riders out there that love their bikes and the way they ride. Basically what I was getting at was, that the original OP should get out there and test ride a few different bikes. Don't get sucked into HD, because of the name, because that is generally how the attitudes start. Ride different styles of different brands and find the bike that best suits you.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew this thread was gonna turn into this !!
Love it, Harley guys just have to defend there brand !
I don't understand it but that's the way it is.
I really like all the "jax" look a likes out there, now that s.o.a is so popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Top Bottom