Hail Damage

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I thought my truck made out alright with the 1" hail we got near provost but upon closer inspection, the hood and roof are littered with tiny dents! You can only see them when close up and the truck is white but I know they're there and its only a month old(to me). Is it worth making a claim and how much will it increase my insurance ?

Attachments

• notsonice.jpg
    notsonice.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 38

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just another couple of inches and you could have took the sled for a summer rip, Sledding in July, I dont even dream that big!

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Claim it now as if you dont, a ajust might say all of this damage didnt just happen from this storm. Nd dont take the cash pay out either. Reson is you will never be able to clain hail again. And since hail is uncontrolable, there is no increase to you insurance.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Claim it now as if you dont, a ajust might say all of this damage didnt just happen from this storm. Nd dont take the cash pay out either. Reson is you will never be able to clain hail again. And since hail is uncontrolable, there is no increase to you insurance.

Thanks catzuki, I didn't know how it would affect my insurance. I'll make a claim and see what happens. I've never been in a hail storm like this one. I had to plug my ears it was soo loud inside the cab and couldn't see past the hood.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in one hail storm similar down by Sundre about five years ago. Had to stop on the side of the road as we couldn't see past the hood, got lucky and didn't have any damage but the box of the truck was half full of hail.

Reaction score
that must have been an intense storm i know when i lived in med hat a couple years ago we had some really bad storms and the one im talking about in particular costed the city estimated at 30 mil dollars in damages anything from hail dented cars to broken windows and even a building on south rail way street collapsed do to it

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
costed the city estimated at 30 mil dollars in damages anything from hail dented cars to broken windows and even a building on south rail way street collapsed do to it

That was in 2005 around June/July, I ended up heading down there and scoping losses on serveral residences for about 2 weeks.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that must have been an intense storm i know when i lived in med hat a couple years ago we had some really bad storms and the one im talking about in particular costed the city estimated at 30 mil dollars in damages anything from hail dented cars to broken windows and even a building on south rail way street collapsed do to it

I was there for that one as well. That was the first time. My truck was parked at the hotel parking lot. The second time was last year north of Rocky. I was cruising down the highway when it started, and I pulled off onto an approach. I didn't want them to say that I caused the damage because I was still driving. I'm sure you pulled over too ;). Third time was last year in Edson, but that was just after the Rocky storm.

tekim :D

Reaction score
yeah it was an intense storm the water and hail plugged up all the drains and some of the lower lying areas had 9 feet of water it was rough and my truck fell victim to the deep water

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well speek of hail damage. We just got a hail storm in Airdrie nd we got hail that was 1/2" to 3/4" round. So now that it stopped, I hope there is no damage, i just got my trailer and dont want that already.

Top Bottom