Had enough of confederation! Alberta better off on her own.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, a lot of great things have come out of people's dreams and many of those dreams have been turned into tangible concepts. You still dreaming about those fancy cars?

Yeah but I'll actually get one is the difference. Lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that i know anything about this or honestly really care about it as i know better then conversing on these subject's.
But i spent a good part of my life in Europe, 10yrs in the military service stationed in Germany with 2 UN tours. I pretty much traveled a very good portion of that part of the world and security is almost nonexistent unless your a big player.
Alberta wants independents, you better have the coin and number's for a military as no country is independent with out being able to claim sovereignty.
Like many European countries stuck with out a port you will be at the mercy of 2 other countries for import and export of any good's, including oil. Without any bite you have no pull, a reality in many European countries in these situation's.
FYI, the majority of the Canadian Arm forces are stationed in Quebec and Ontario and controlled by eastern born General's so i wouldn't expect any battle groups becoming Alberta controlled.
Just a point.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So there, talking about pipe dreams. All things are possible. Don't discount separation. Won't happen in my lifetime that I'm sure of but it might be a little different for your generation.

I could go into any dealership in alberta and be driving just about any car I want by tomorrow. It's 20 below though so at this point it's a dream. Alberta seperation is a pipe dream though because it's never going to happen. Good luck getting calgary on board. In fact I'd bet within 100 years there will be no Canada at all. We will be part of the United nations or what ever they will call the one world order. That is the direction we are going, not our own lil paradise here in alberta... but keep dreaming. .

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I'll actually get one is the difference. Lol
Just imagine how much faster you would have one if you didn't pay 50% in tax.

I remember the time Quebec just about left, was for a lot less ligit circumstances than we are currently dealing with.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just imagine how much faster you would have one if you didn't pay 50% in tax.

I remember the time Quebec just about left, was for a lot less ligit circumstances than we are currently dealing with.

Get a better accountant and you won't be paying 50%

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll vote yes for seperation if it ever gets that far. But it won't.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a better accountant and you won't be paying 50%
MNP is pretty good.

Corporation doesn't pay the high rate but if you take enough personal income you still have to pay the taxman. No way around it if your making money.

They really closed that dividend loophole down. Unfortunately.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Separation could be possible if it became another State, part of the USA but as an independent, i see poverty and hard ship and import export duties slapped on.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Separation could be possible if it became another State, part of the USA but as an independent, i see poverty and hard ship and import export duties slapped on.
I don't see why we would have any more or any less duties from the states.

Hell when Quebec was gonna separate they wanted to keep their health care.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What exactly do the Saudis have in Quebec that they will block any and all pipelines.

Do they want more train loads?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4742716/quebec-slams-door-pipelines-premiers-meeting/

I think if Quebec wants to say no to pipelines and the western energy sector in general that it should be cut off from equalization payments. Pretty simple really. Why should it reap the benefits of the oil industry (most of any province by a large margin) but then have the right to say a pipeline isn't allowed. Can't have your cake and eat it too, or however that saying goes.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MNP is pretty good.

Corporation doesn't pay the high rate but if you take enough personal income you still have to pay the taxman. No way around it if your making money.

They really closed that dividend loophole down. Unfortunately.

You can pay a lot of things with pre tax dollars through a company. Been auditted once already this year so that's all I'm saying. But yeah taxes are reality in Canada. One day maybe I'll move to Monaco speaking of pipe dreams...

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if Quebec wants to say no to pipelines and the western energy sector in general that it should be cut off from equalization payments. Pretty simple really. Why should it reap the benefits of the oil industry (most of any province by a large margin) but then have the right to say a pipeline isn't allowed. Can't have your cake and eat it too, or however that saying goes.

Well the problem is all the votes come from Eastern Canada so they can treat us like the red headed step child if they want and there is really Fawk all we can do about it.

If the PM had balls or a heart or a brain he would pull their equalization payments to teach them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You can pay a lot of things with pre tax dollars through a company. Been auditted once already this year so that's all I'm saying. But yeah taxes are reality in Canada. One day mabe I'll move to Monaco speaking of pipe dreams...

Washington state would be closer and there are no income taxes.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can pay a lot of things with pre tax dollars through a company. Been auditted once already this year so that's all I'm saying. But yeah taxes are reality in Canada. One day mabe I'll move to Monaco speaking of pipe dreams...
When you figure out how to write off a Ferrari let me know. I'll get one too.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe our federal representation system needs to be overhauled.

Maybe each province gets a equal say.
So the pm would have to win the majority of provinces vs onterio and quebec.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anything worthwhile in life is usually a struggle! separation will come if turdhead keeps this crap up, and with the amount of wealth lying bellow the ground, we will have some fairly powerful allies before trudy gets his eyebrows pasted on in the morning. canada as i see it is falling apart, just my opinion

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the talks of separation start gaining ground in Alberta you could quite likely have other provinces jump on board. Saskatchewan for sure as they will take over the burden of paying for the equalization payments. Manitoba more likely than not. Maybe even parts of BC. You get that much of the west talking about leaving Canada you might start to get the attention of the PM. And if the idiot gets in for another term the talks of separation are only going to get louder and stronger.

Top Bottom