H10 fog lights to LED light bar adaptor Harness

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Any one know of someone in Canada that might carry such a product? Found tons of Chinese crap on eBay and a good one from the states, but looking to save on exchange and shipping/ brokerage fees. Here's an example of what one would look like.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423103960.848751.jpg

It's just makes it so you can plug into any vehicles factory fog light harness to the popular LED light bar plug. Saves adding wiring and hacking apart the factory harness.
Tons of brands of vehicles use H10 lights as fog lights.
Thanks
Dustin

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember an H10 bulb pulls 42 Watts, a 20" rigid lightbar draws 110 Watts, so depending on what you intend on running off of it you might blow fuses or melt wiring. IMO I would run a seperate relay to power whatever LED lights you want to add and splice in to the fogs for a signal for the relay.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
True about the watts but what about amps for led lights? LEDs don't usually draw very many amps compared to normal bulbs. Depending on how big the light bar is of course.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could probably make one for next to nothing as long as you can get the black plug, I have the grey one (deutsch connector) and the wire braid. I also have the male end to the black plug but would have to source the female end

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Could probably make one for next to nothing as long as you can get the black plug, I have the grey one (deutsch connector) and the wire braid. I also have the male end to the black plug but would have to source the female end

Yea I have those connectors too as the light bar comes with the grey one and the ford fog light harness has the male ends on it.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a 50 inch LED bar is 288 watts and will blow a 10 amp fuse but not a 15....so between 10-15 amps is nothing for that much light.....a 20 inch is 120 watts so it should be around 5 amps or less....I will have to check but never did the fuse blow test on a 20 inch cause to me it don't draw barely anything to even worry.....just my 2 cents!

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I could use some plugs like that. I just bought some winch bumpers for my truck which came with LED Rigid lights and lightbar. After getting everything home and going through the wiring I find I'm short a harness. The bumpers are going on a 13 F350 came off a 12. Would like to use existing fog light wiring for the LED. Maybe if I could come see you I could put together what I need. I'm in the Edmonton area. Thanks.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a 50 inch LED bar is 288 watts and will blow a 10 amp fuse but not a 15....so between 10-15 amps is nothing for that much light.....a 20 inch is 120 watts so it should be around 5 amps or less....I will have to check but never did the fuse blow test on a 20 inch cause to me it don't draw barely anything to even worry.....just my 2 cents!

P=I x E

P power in Watts
I current in amps
E Volts

therefor I =P/E
I=288/12
I=24 amps
Me thinks someone is full of ****. I'm not saying it's you, I'm suggesting that the 288 Watt rating on the light bar is questionable. Unless everything they taught me electrical school is BS

Last edited:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you got me wondering now.....memory sucks but that might have been my 30 inch that pulls 180watts....Your math must be right! All I know is every 50 inch light bar is around 288 watts. 3watt cree LED and there is 96 of them! Rigid is 375 watts and pulls 27.17 amps....math does NOT add up there either (maybe Rigid rates their lights at 13.8 volts, not 12 volts or not its working range of voltage?).... Are LED more efficient? I'm just going with what I tested on the bench which could have been the 30 inch I now have on my truck. How can I test how many watts it pulls with out just flipping numbers in the formula? I know my LED light bar will run on 9-32 volts......and it don't get any brighter at 32 volts......so if you do the math and take the exact middle of the 9-32 volts which would be 20.5 volts it works out to the rated 288 watts = 14.048 amps......which would be under the 15 amp fuse that did not blow.......Im thinking it was the 50 inch I tested now.....but I could be wrong....I guess it all comes down to what voltage they are tested or rated at? I do know Rigid 50 inch double row is 23150 lumens and most cree and not the weaker epistar bars are 24000....Rigid does use 4 more LED (96 vs 100) on there 50 inch but so so close.....not going to get into the fight over rigid vs Chinese on this thread.......it is about adaptors....and what fuse to put in line.....
P=I x E

P power in Watts
I current in amps
E Volts

therefor I =P/E
I=288/12
I=24 amps
Me thinks someone is full of ****. I'm not saying it's you, I'm suggesting that the 288 Watt rating on the light bar is questionable. Unless everything they taught me electrical school is BS

Last edited:
Top Bottom