h i d lites

gartho

Reaction score
Hey is it a good idea to run hid's in my truck,any thoughts out there????????:cool:

gartho

Reaction score
yep especially on jacked up trucks hahaha dam i had too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gartho

Reaction score
hey willey,u being from nelson,do u know doug from new denver,jus went thru there on bikes,he runs the esso in town ( owner an tech) seems like a good dude,sounds like he rides with the crazy cunuk!!

Johnny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stop in there sometimes for fuel and sledding & know Doug, yep a decent fella, he didnt ride much last year but thinkin he might get a new sled this season.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey is it a good idea to run hid's in my truck,any thoughts out there????????:cool:

Hid lights are illegal if used in stock headlight buckets. Yah need projector headlights to run them. Hid's and the projector headlights are pricy. I priced them for my new dodge, but the light output is awsome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Just get the Phillips crystal vision, good white light. Not quite as good as an HID, but not bad. Only run u 50 hook for em as well. The newest breed of the Sylvannia silver stars aren't bad either but the have a tendency to blow within a year.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get the Phillips crystal vision, good white light. Not quite as good as an HID, but not bad. Only run u 50 hook for em as well. The newest breed of the Sylvannia silver stars aren't bad either but the have a tendency to blow within a year.

X2
just put a set in my wifes car and they are legal. 40 or 50% brighter, cant remember but noticeable difference for sure.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a set of nighthawks into my truck a coupla years back. They sure made life easier during those dark winter drives.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
36dzym.jpg

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
They are nice to drive with, even though they suck for most other motorists. Only thing I didn't like about them was snow storms. Intensified the little white flakes do much it made it hard to see even in low beam, and that was just in a mild flurry. The fact that down the road you start to have problems with the ballasts getting weak and the lights not turning on proper. One head or the other fails to come on. Parts aren't cheap either.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought two sets for $65 on flea bay 880/881 they work great. I have them in lo/hi beam locations on my quad. Great for night riding. Holy cheet are they bright. For the price if they last a year I'm happy

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All vehicles should have hid lights. Yellow stock lights are Terrible. I would never drive the mountains without them. After passing one semi stock lights are so dirty you can't tell there on. With hid I can do a few hrs straight travel without washing my lights.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All vehicles should have hid lights. Yellow stock lights are Terrible. I would never drive the mountains without them. After passing one semi stock lights are so dirty you can't tell there on. With hid I can do a few hrs straight travel without washing my lights.

I find the LED's kick the crap out of the HID's.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you using the stock headlamp housings, or the projector housings (which are supposed to make them more "friendly" for other drivers?) If using the projectors, who makes them for hid use? I bought a set of the lights, but took them off right away as I thought the light pattern wasn't much better then the PIIA's I had in the stock crappy headlamp housings on my Dodge, and they blinded oncoming traffic...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could blind oncoming traffic yes. If there idiots. When meeting vehicles it try not to look directly at there lights. Try that and see how it works.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could blind oncoming traffic yes. If there idiots. When meeting vehicles it try not to look directly at there lights. Try that and see how it works.

Thats about the dumbest and most selfish thing I have heard on here, do you really believe that? Just dont look at the lights? Have you heard of this thing called glare, have you seen rises and dips on the road, have you ever heard of a corner?

Yup, Im coming down the road with 140,000 lbs on, meet you in a corner and you think yeah, he should just look off into the trees so I can feel good about myself for blinding him.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats about the dumbest and most selfish thing I have heard on here, do you really believe that? Just dont look at the lights? Have you heard of this thing called glare, have you seen rises and dips on the road, have you ever heard of a corner?

Yup, Im coming down the road with 140,000 lbs on, meet you in a corner and you think yeah, he should just look off into the trees so I can feel good about myself for blinding him.

Hey Tom. You do t have to turn your head. Just point your eyes to the road. Not directly at the bulb. Hid on low is no different than the guys going down the highways scared at night with the highbeams on all the time. Besides if you pulling 140.000 id guess your a trucker. Seems to me a large number of truckers are running them now in the mountains and I'm all for it. Safety first Maybe we would see less accidents with wildlife if everyone had them. I just missed at moose by mc bride and diddnt see it till 20' away. When I got home it was driving lights and hid's before next trip.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom. You do t have to turn your head. Just point your eyes to the road. Not directly at the bulb. Hid on low is no different than the guys going down the highways scared at night with the highbeams on all the time. Besides if you pulling 140.000 id guess your a trucker. Seems to me a large number of truckers are running them now in the mountains and I'm all for it. Safety first Maybe we would see less accidents with wildlife if everyone had them. I just missed at moose by mc bride and diddnt see it till 20' away. When I got home it was driving lights and hid's before next trip.
Nope, your wrong, you wont see an illegal HID light on a truck in BC, CVSE is smart enough to know they are bad news, unlike certain posters on here. Do the smart thing, go legal, either get projector housing or legal LED. Next time you drive by the Valemount scales with your HID's on be prepared to be pulled over soon, they are watching big time out there.

"Hid on low is no different than the guys going down the highways scared at night with the highbeams on all the time" so you admit that HID are as bad as guys leaving their brights on, I guess we should all do that, screw the low beam stuff.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't be an idiot. HID's in stock halogen designed housings are illegal, inconsiderate, and dangerous. you would have to spin your head backwards to not get glare from them. HID's in commercial trucks are rare, most are LED.

Top Bottom