Guess the girlfriend will be testing out the new s36 for me. broken ankle :(

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading into regina with a small load (hotshot driver) on the yellowhead just outside of payton saskatchewan. Was just coming back into the slow lane after passing a big rig (was doing 105-110 not speeding) when all of a sudden headlights come on as soon as my headlights hit the front end of a car. didnt even have a chance to take my foot off the gas or anything. We hit head on which caused me to roll twice and slide upside for a ways and then roll once more onto the wheels. was pullin a 36ft gooseneck and ripped the hitch right off the truck and the trailer rolled. I was lucky to have 2 large big rigs behind me that were able to stop and help me. I came out with a broken ankle and road rash and bruises. After seeing the wreck later on i have realized how lucky i am to have only suffered a broken ankle. It has also made me realize i am very lucky to have the people i have around me with all their support and care. The other driver did not survive the collision so i will not post pictures of his vehicle in respect. Seeing the snow fly is frustrating while stuck sitting in a chair all day but i realize it could have been a lot worse. Big thanks goes out to all the fire fighters, ambulance and hospital staff.

All i can say is be careful on the highways this year.Theres a lot of things out there that you cant control but be sure to control what you can so you are able to enjoy the season and come home to your loved ones.

This is whats left of my 2012 dodge 5500

Attachments

• accident 3.jpg
    accident 3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 335
  • accident.jpg
    accident.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 337
  • accident 2.jpg
    accident 2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 334

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, go buy a lottery ticket.......wow. Hope everyone has a safe winter season. What a wake up call.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Cow !!! You are right ...it's a very good thing that you made it thru the accident.

Funny thing about accidents........ It makes you realize what is important in your life. Family and friends !!! Makes a person think about "life" !! And how important it is to tell the ones you love...that you love them !! And how argueing about "stupid" stuff is...............really stupid.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's a wreck! Amazing you only broke your ankle. Makes me glad I drive a pickup, and not a car.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was the hotshot load okay?

just kidding, glad to see you weren't killed as well dude. scary situation. RIP to the other driver, any explaination as to how/why he got into your lane? was he sitting still or travelling with no headlights?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congradulations on surviving that man. Someone was looking over you at that minute.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty clearly some sand left in your hourglass.

That's pretty damned scary. RIP to the other driver. Heal quick.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, dosent even look like there was room left for you in that cab, glad to hear you will ride again some day, and RIP to the other driver....

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, due to some ongoing things i cant say much more about the accident. everybody has their ideas but we will never know for sure. Stay safe everybody

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and buying a lottery ticket wouldnt do me any good. i think i used every bit of luck i had on this one lol. Dash and steering wheel was pushed right back and up to me. Im lucky im one of those guys that leans back a bit when driving. Kind of a mid between gangsta lean and asian grandma.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear your okay other then ankle, sorry for the other driver and his/hers family and friends.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats one of the articles. ill prob never know why he did what he did. we have heard different things but its a game of telephone really. As frustrated as i am about the situation i do feel sorry if it was a suicide. to feel that that was the only way out is a feeling i would never want to feel.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy sh!t!! That's a horrible thing to have happen. It almost sounds like he was gunning for the big truck you just passed, maybe???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dude you have someone lookin out for ya, you have a greater purpose in life. glad to see your ok, life just gave ya an ace.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want to sound callous, but IF he was committing suicide, dude you have nothing to feel sorry about. All he would have been thinking about was himself, and he did not care who or what he took with him. I do say again, IF. I really hope he wasn't.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would happily sport that broken ankle rather than the other 300 things that could have happened. You are a lucky man, I am willing to bet if the car hit another 8 inches to the passenger side you'd be pooping cummins parts for the rest of your life. Too bad about the other driver, whatever happened. Makes a guy think thats for sure.

Top Bottom