Guaranteed Sled Security at Hotels?

craptabulous

Reaction score
I lived in golden for 15 years . What was said does not describe golden . Sleds and trucks used to dissapear all the time from hotels and garages .

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A customer of mind left his boat at a storage place in sicamous for the wonter on a Friday locked compound dealt with one of the employees. He gets a call Monday morning by the owner asking if he came picked up his boat... Found out that someone came in claiming to be his brother and he was going to take the boat and get it winterized (it was already plastic wrapped ) the guy drove in hooked up and out the same gate waving to the guy working .... Just saying if they want our stuff they are going to get it in a guarded compound they just buy the guard and gain free access

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that offering a service would be beneficial during peak times and that you could always find someone to split shift at the main hotels etc. sensor lights and cameras are cheap enough to discourage some people, but if they want it bad enough they will get it.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who is liable if your **** still gets stolen with security on duty?
Ultimately you would be as its not a guarantee, just an added tool to deter people.....nothing is guaranteed when it comes to theft deterrents. I hired a security company and visited the site at 3:45am and actually took the glasses of the guys head, he didn't wake up until I flicked him in the forehead

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeez some of you guys are real negative nancy's. There is no guarantee they are going to "buy" the guard, get someone trustworthy. Hell, you don't even need a security guard. The access to the compound could be tied into your room key. No one gets in without a valid room key. Pretty simple and really cheap to do.

There are so many ways to do this, and easily cost effective too, shouldn't be more than a $10 a night difference. CCTV on the compound or parking lots will solve the problem, front desk clerk can monitor the cameras or has an "activation" beeper at the desk, so when the gate opens, it beeps (just in case they fall asleep or are in the back surfing the web....). IF that fawker beeps at 3 am, someone better be asking some serious questions about who is going sledding at that time of night....this ain't rocket science at all

For anyone saying that stuff doesn't go missing in Golden, probably wanna search this forum for stolen credit cards golden, from a couple yrs ago, when someone decided to be a patron of the parking lots and help themselves to stuff in some peoples trucks while they were out sledding. Fawker got busted in Golden at the NAPA using a stolen card if I remember correct, guess they are just lucky they didn't get caught at the parking lot by the guy they were stealin' from.......

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeez some of you guys are real negative nancy's. There is no guarantee they are going to "buy" the guard, get someone trustworthy. Hell, you don't even need a security guard. The access to the compound could be tied into your room key. No one gets in without a valid room key. Pretty simple and really cheap to do.

There are so many ways to do this, and easily cost effective too, shouldn't be more than a $10 a night difference. CCTV on the compound or parking lots will solve the problem, front desk clerk can monitor the cameras or has an "activation" beeper at the desk, so when the gate opens, it beeps (just in case they fall asleep or are in the back surfing the web....). IF that fawker beeps at 3 am, someone better be asking some serious questions about who is going sledding at that time of night....this ain't rocket science at all

For anyone saying that stuff doesn't go missing in Golden, probably wanna search this forum for stolen credit cards golden, from a couple yrs ago, when someone decided to be a patron of the parking lots and help themselves to stuff in some peoples trucks while they were out sledding. Fawker got busted in Golden at the NAPA using a stolen card if I remember correct, guess they are just lucky they didn't get caught at the parking lot by the guy they were stealin' from.......
Thats a great point Modman. Lots of thievery going on out at Quartz while guys are up the mountain sledding. It seems to me someone posted about thieves at Silent as well, figuring it was locals? The point is.....thieves don't discriminate. They are everywhere that there is a good opportunity.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying nothing ever got stolen in golden. yes trail heads are a problem, but I'm not refering to credit cards either.

how many trucks trailers sleds were stolen last season in golden?the season before? the season before that?

I don't understand why golden doesn't get more stuff stolen, it seems so easy, especially from motels on the strip.

however, keep driving to revy, the snow is deeper ...

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read about two thefts from Saskatoon, definitely not going sledding there! Sketchy. Man, should I slowly break it down for you..... Revy 1. Best sledding ( simple one) and no not me saying that just a fact, sure Your zone is sweet but.... Really
2. Most at one time giant rigs with massive trailers with VERY expensive toys in them, like Costco for scum bags
3. Here is the big one, Three ways to go hide your costco order and get them out of town with major centres
In all directions
Three things not found in most places especially Golden. That's why most people including thieves keep
driving, pretty simple.
As I have said, lock, lock, lock, buy insurance,go ride my friends, cause it's fun

Last edited:

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read about two thefts from Saskatoon, definitely not going sledding there! Sketchy. Man, should I slowly break it down for you..... Revy 1. Best sledding ( simple one) and no not me saying that just a fact, sure Your zone is sweet but.... Really
2. Most at one time giant rigs with massive trailers with VERY expensive toys in them, like Costco for scum bags
3. Here is the big one, Three ways to go hide your costco order and get them out of town with major centres
In all directions
Three things not found in most places especially Golden. That's why most people including thieves keep
driving, pretty simple.
As I have said, lock, lock, lock, buy insurance
go ride my friends
cause it's fun

You ride your friends? isn't that kinda homobiling? bahahahahahaha :rolleyes: Sorry G had to do it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You ride your friends? isn't that kinda homobiling? bahahahahahaha :rolleyes: Sorry G had to do it.

:rolling::rolling: It's all about the punctuation and grammar.

"I had to go help my uncle Jack off a horse."...OR..."i had to go help my uncle jack off a horse." :D

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come to golden and don't even bother locking your truck ... or not ... your call ...
WOW!!! Nothing like advertising to the crooks. I am sure they are reading these posts. I don't understand why so much gets posted on here.... I see pics of vehicles and sleds and read when peeps are leaving to go places and where they are staying. be smart and text people that info. this forum is probably a shopping cart for the thieves. Just saying

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself about trying to keep pic's of your sled off a forum to help decrease your chances of your sled getting ripped off. The Boulder parking lot is a full on "buffet" of thievery opportunity every weekend! If they see it and want it bad enough they'll get it. I had a sled stolen years ago and the cops said the thieves likely just picked out what they want in the morning from staging areas and steal it later that night. They said that certain states in the U.S. don't require registration and so they will smuggle a semi-load across into those states and sell them there since no one even checks serial #'s. The weekend mine got stolen in Edmonton back the early 90's the cops said there were over twenty sleds stolen that same weekend and believed it was an organized ring filling an order.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A customer of mind left his boat at a storage place in sicamous for the wonter on a Friday locked compound dealt with one of the employees. He gets a call Monday morning by the owner asking if he came picked up his boat... Found out that someone came in claiming to be his brother and he was going to take the boat and get it winterized (it was already plastic wrapped ) the guy drove in hooked up and out the same gate waving to the guy working .... Just saying if they want our stuff they are going to get it in a guarded compound they just buy the guard and gain free access

Brother or not the storage people should have at least requested a phone call from the owner before letting it leave. That's just irresponsible. Hence the reason I suggested the ID in and out.

Tarbender

Reaction score
I think that offering a service would be beneficial during peak times and that you could always find someone to split shift at the main hotels etc. sensor lights and cameras are cheap enough to discourage some people, but if they want it bad enough they will get it.

I think "peak times" would be the problem...at least in Sicamous. The hotels are full on Fridays & Saturdays (and half full on Thurs/Sun), but not so much the other night's of the week. Only 1 sledder paying for security tonight, and Security Guard Joe is gonna get the night off. Coming from up north I never knew there was such a problem with theft! Crazy

Top Bottom