Guaranteed Sled Security at Hotels?

QPDO

Reaction score
So as everyone knows, this year has already started with a ridiculous amount of stolen equipment.

My question is, how much you would you pay per night for GUARANTEED security for your truck, sleds, gear, etc???

What do you think is a reasonable price to ensure and rest with peace in mind that when you wake up, its guaranteed that your equipment is still available to you? $25? $50? $75? $100???

So whats your answer?

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
The incident at the Best Western in Valemount was crazy. The lot has a large steel tube gate that gets locked at night and still these guys managed to make off with a rig and sleds. Nothing short of building a chain linked lot with razor wire and full time night patrol with dogs would maybe do it. A lock only stops what would be referred to as an "honest thief"..if you could refer to one of these douche bags as one. Pretty sad when there is not enough police to go around and our legal system which was altered by a bunch of bleeding hearts over the past 25 years..I tell you this, I catch someone in the act of trying stealing my property, they won't be able to talk once I'm done with them..

QPDO

Reaction score
What's a guarantee? Are they gonna replace what ever was stolen?

For the sake of the argument, lets say yes. Lets say your property was parked in a heavily secured compound. Drivers license/photo id. and copy of registration upon drop off, and required during pick-up/leaving.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont drive a ford. Over lock everything. Insure your sleds. Install a truck security system.

Cops and hotels can only do so much.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pay $25 per night for extra security for my truck and 2 place trailer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets do the math. On average there are 20 units parked in the Days parking lot in Revy on any given night. At $10/rig that is decent coin for a guy to walk around the parking lot or greet rigs leaving the lot through the night and early morning. No?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets do the math. On average there are 20 units parked in the Days parking lot in Revy on any given night. At $10/rig that is decent coin for a guy to walk around the parking lot or greet rigs leaving the lot through the night and early morning. No?

Yes. Specially when these towns apparently thrive on tourism. Im sure someone would do it rather than pump gas for min wage

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. Specially when these towns apparently thrive on tourism. Im sure someone would do it rather than pump gas for min wage
They don't have to be Dwayne Johnson doing a meet and greet either. Call it in to Timmy's and bingo 5 cop cars giving chase.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't have to be Dwayne Johnson doing a meet and greet either. Call it in to Timmy's and bingo 5 cop cars giving chase.

Not hard. Seen a girl security guard at the mall this weekend follow a shop lifter, he was yelling at her and she stood her ground and then i seen them outside and a cop car showed up. That guy could have beat her to death but she did her job and was fine.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sounds like a good winter night job. And if your **** still gets stolen, z'd person pays for your room for the night?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$15 a night. I'd like to see compounds with one way in/out, and heavily lighted. The presence alone would deter thieves to an easier target.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats 200$ for a 6-8 (12am-6am or 11am-7am)hour shift thats pretty darn good especialy if its cash money.
i may drive a chevy so thats a step in the right direction for me but i'd still have no problem paying 10$ a night to know my stuff is still there in the morning...even better to know the scum bags went home empty handed that night.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd pay a reasonable rate like $30 a night for a truck, a little more for truck/trailer but if only if the conditions were the following:
A secure well lit compound, one way in/out with more than just a gate but something they can't drive through. A shack and security bar that needs to be unlocked to allow people in/out with ID as proof of ownership when checking in/out.
Also 24 hr surveillance and attendant on the lot checking it regularly.
Any less and it's a waste of money IMO. Thieves need to know that the storage place is serious about protecting what's inside the property. That deterrent alone will help.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all the hotels in Revy did this then the thieves would go to Golden. Shadam said things are pretty slow down there. Lol.

Top Bottom