Group riding Protocol

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We watch to see who is the weakest rider when we have new guys joining in ( some times they are better than all of us lol ) and adjust where we ride because your group is only as good as your weakest rider in bad situations, a very weak rider can exhaust the rest of the group

Last edited:

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a few at crowfoot with a group of 9, of VERY different skill levels. From ladies who have only been to the mountains twice and guys who have never ridden a sled till this year to very experienced riders. Definitely like herding cats at times.

Ideally 6 is kinda the max I like to ride with but we had a great time.

Every situation is different but generally, When touring to find somewhere to play, we keep everyone together, if it gets a little technical we try to keep an experienced rider with a couple newbies to keep an eye on them and help them out if needed. Once we find somewhere to play we setup a "home base" and then its the buddy system with similar skilled riders. Radios are a must, and showing people a general area where we need to stay for each particular play area is important to have an idea of where everyone is.

Did I get to ride the steeper, more technical stuff I like to, not as much as I would have if it was my normal riding group but that's not what this trip was about anyways. We got everyone up to all 3 cabins and everyone came home smiling.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I even broke down and bought radios for my daughter and I today. See how it goes, we have not used them before.

Which ones? If you got the BCA Link 1, my recommendation is to set A,B,C to the same channel and D, E, F to a differnt channel. Always select A or F...if the selector gets bumped two positions it will still be on the same channel. Frequent radio checks should be mandatory to make sure something hasn't gone wrong with the setup...lots of things can go wrong.

Top Bottom