Groundhog

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its actually an awsome area, just wanna let someone else break trail in across the cut blocks and thru the trees cause that can be a two day event

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty impressive you can tell that it was his sled with just the one side panel showing. I do have that pic somewhere but for some reason I can't find it in photobucket.

Well, I remember when he emailed me the pics. I also know hes got the white skis, and I can tell by the edge of the Rotax sticker on the panel.......Kinda sad aint it that I know that :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also since it is a goat trail....have some respect for the others coming behind. there is a few nasty sections that once a few shorttrack sleds go up...forget it. i walk right in with very minimal spinning on my 162. so no reason to beat it up.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was trenched out pretty good last year when I went in there. It definatly takes confidence! Crazy when you look up at what you are climbing into and down to see where you came from! But excelent area to ride was my best day last year! Had a little avy activity tho so make sure everyone uses the old bean when riding up there!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definately trenches out pretty quickly so ya please respect the people behind you up there! Ya definately a sweet spot to see were you climb up to and were you came from love the blue river area

cdnsledder

Reaction score
Hey guys, here a couple more pics of the trail into the area known as Salmon lake. I believe Bill from the glacier is part of the pioneering crew who cuts this goat trail in. Kudos to Bill. IFyou can get in thereusually lots of untouched pow back there.
IMG_0096.jpg

DSC02583.jpg

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Hey guys, here a couple more pics of the trail into the area known as Salmon lake. I believe Bill from the glacier is part of the pioneering crew who cuts this goat trail in. Kudos to Bill. IFyou can get in thereusually lots of untouched pow back there.
View attachment 69665

View attachment 69666

Thanks for the acknowledgment I was one of the first but Russ ( River Safari Jet boats) and Kyle Nicol found the way in on a late spring exploration so big thanks to them. It is a great area well worth the trip in. Trail management is key to enjoying the ride in and thanks to the guys that brought it up I also like to shovel in trenches as i come across them if everyone took a a few minutes to fix up the holes it lasts all year. Most important slow and steady keeps the trenches from forming

FLEMINA

Reaction score
Salmon Lake sure is a beautiful area to ride! I know i wouldnt want to be the guy who shovels out that goat trail at the start of the year, long way down to a tree covered valley. Gotta agree bout the trenching out of the trail going up to the left at the end of the goat trail, with a crew of about ten, had to shovel in the trench for everyone of us. After that it wasnt too extreme. Quite a big area to play in once you hit the lake. Awesome times there! I also highly recommend Glacier Mountain Lodge as home away from home, nothing but the best in service and hostpitality! :beer:Cheers:beer:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the trail in is not for beginners for sure. We tried getting into there about 6 - 7 years ago and I ended up going down that big creek bed at the begining. Wasnt fun getting out. We also went up the far end of the cut block but man it was a wild ride. Finally gave up. (we were too lazy to shovel) I have broken it out a few times and there is something to be said about being the first guy up. Alot easier with the right line. Just need to find a way into the third valley now.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
How much of the trail is technical?
It's actually not to bad the only shoveling is around that one bend about a half hour with 3 or 4 guys the first time in. once the trail is in it's not to bad just slow and steady and a little intimidating the first time but really not to hard! probably 3-4 km of goat trail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom