Grooming

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RENSHAW WILL BE GROOMED EARLY MONDAY MORNING FOR ALL THE MID WEEK RIDERS. Have fun and see you in the hills.:):D

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up renshaw the day that they first started the grooming back in December, and the effort that goes into building the trail (last 5 km) is worth the 15$, wooped out or not. And lets not forget the warm up cabin WITH PROPANE for the furnace.

We've stopped Rod on the trail and given him a tip as a thank you for his effort, it was 5pm, we were heading down, he was heading up, to work into the night. We've tracked down Barry to drop off a thank you bottle for all of his effort too, Maintaining and cleaning the cabin is not a fun job, these guys really do care about all of us spoiled Albertans, and they do their best to make sure we anjoy our time in McBride, THANK YOU GUYS

See you in the hills

Dean10

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the 2 of us that do the most work on the cabins did enjoy the refreshments. THANKS AGAIN.:D:D:D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Met Rod on the way up, he was on his way down. Trail was flat top and 75mph smooth. A couple of corners will need some work in the next 2 days. Even after grooming they were a bit rough. Talked to Rod and he agreed that it will take some work to fix but will be doing so in the next couple of grooms.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride weekdays 95% of the year and appreciate the monday grooming. I will as always pay groomed or not. So keep up the good work gentlemen!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail up and back down was in great shape. Not groomed last nite, but only 6 guys today.:D
The Renshaw Trail

Last edited:

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Unfortunatley I am a little out of the loop right this second, having more than one job I have been busy at the second one. As far as I know Renshaw was groomed on Wed or Thursday and is getting groomed on Saturday as not too many sleds up the last couple of days, I know Rod has been grooming through out the week so that the weekday riders have nice trails too. It does depend on the numbers but we try to make a nice trail for all, only so much I can do as a trail pass girl. One suggestion, be nice to the Trail pass collectors they are just doing there jobs, we all have bills to pay. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE HILLS!!!:D

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do agree with you Poleman. I read your post along with all the prevous posts and don't think that what you were asking for was for a paved road, or a free pass. It was just a suggestion. And a great one at that. We all know that grooming cost money, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. And you would not continue to groom if someone were not making money.If you want to promote your business ( recreational sports ) I would go for it. You will have more visitors. thus more money injected into your communities and businesses. would you have go 20 plus km of whoops or a nice scenic ride? Where do think people will go? If you did groom it on a lower traffic day this would also give the trail a chance to set up better, If you groom throughout the night has the trail really had a chance to set up?...... There is alot of traffic during the week during peak riding time. Ask the groomer and fellow riders. They would know this cuz they are the ones that see the mountain size whoops on the trail. If you were to make it more enjoyable you will have more people / money!
I have gone to trail systems that charge you for a service and you pay only to be disapointed with the shape that it is in. Do you get a refund...... not. For example If you groom a trail on thursday .... How can you justify charging for grooming fees on Saturday? That's like saying Macdonalds is fine dining, and your big mac is $29.95. Would you pay for that........ come on people.

Anyways, on another note. The people that are in a panic to get up to the alpine......... You know what, its still there. It has been there for a 100,000 years, and will still be there the next time you come back. Its not going anywhere. Slow the F... Down. I am not saying that we need to crawl up to the alpine, but the amount of burping of throttles and wicking the throttle out of the corners and power braking,.....come on. We all bitch about the grooming but what about the trail. Your insane take off's and power braking into corners. We have all been going up and down for years. The tracks are longer and the lugs cut deeper sleds are more powerful than ever. I'm not saying driving Miss Daisy is in order, but smooth and steady. We are all to blam for this. Including me. yah we all paid our trail dues, but why burn it all up on the way up. What goes up must come down. Who likes smashing there knackers on there gas tank all the way back to the truck..... oh oh oh pick me, pick me..... Come on guys and gals. If we all drove a little more gingerly it would be great for all, and the trail shape would last longer...... just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank god for the Volunteers, Guys like Barry. Guys and gals that get to do the things that they enjoy and do. The public relations and riding and Thanks for the extras like the heating in the cabin (propane) renovations. etc.

Thanks Barry!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catmando......... Wow....... Hope today is a better day and this whole topic just fades away. All this for a suggestion. Wow......................... A little insight...... " If you groom it they will Bitch"..... "If you don't they won't come and they won't bitch, but will bitch cuz its not" Your screwed if you do and your screw if they don't, In a business aspect,.... groom it and save some money in the budget for KY.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input all. You have understand as well that sometimes Rod has stuff to do in Edmonton and with looking after up keep of equipment. The one time the trail was in bad, bad shape Rod had to be in Edmonton for 3 days and this is where this tread got started. The big difference between Mcbride and some places I have ridden is that if you ask the trailhead personnel if it has been groomed and when it was groomed they have never NOT told me the truth. NOW, YOU AS THE RIDER HAVE THE OPTION TO MOVE TO THE HILL THAT WAS LAST GROOMED. It is sort of like paying for a condom, using it and not liking the ride, and expect your $$ back. I am not saying that an ungroomed trail is always acceptable, but sometimes it does happen. As a volenteer I want to see you come to our town and spend your $$ here. This has been beat to death on this thread, I am going to try and defend what happens here and some are going to beat me up for it. We do the best we can with the numbers that come here some weeks. Play Safe and LOOK UP, they are getting bigger and have not come down yet.

Last edited:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People always remember a bad trip over the so many good ones they have enjoyed!
The condom test drive thing was funny Barry. hahahah. :D

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw groomed this AM and again tonite. Lucille and Bell tomorrow if he does't fall asleep.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be there tomorrow, have not decided where we are going just that we are leaving in about 2 hrs. Blue and Vale also on the list, probably decide on the side of the road at T.J. Barry if in town I'll call you.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding Renshaw tomorrow so if not at home thats where I will be. In the big hole at the back of the Blackwater.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry, did not make it to McBride, just a passenger so had to go with the group to Blue River which turned out OK ....crazy deep powder. Will be there soon as I have a few spots to explore, I'll call you when we're coming.

Top Bottom