Grooming:

krazy k

Reaction score
Just a quick question? what area's are being groomed around Golden? And yes I'm talking about the trails for sledding!!:):)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz, Chatter Creek(closed for now), Silent Pass, and I believe Gorman.

The Golden Society does not groom Chatter, it is a separate area.

They do groom Susan Lake and Blaeberry from time to time but these areas do not see as much usage as some of the others, and have seen them run in Hope once or twice with the groomer but don't count on it, most times it is beat up. Quartz is #1, Silent is #2 for most of the season as best I could ever tell, it is a longer ride in, Gorman is #3 because not too many people ride there til later in the season due to high avy risk. This is howI've seen it but I could be wrong.

DTH

Reaction score
Last year they were grooming :
Quarts 3 times a week
Gorman 2-3 times
Silent once
I"m not sure if they are grooming to cabin yet, if not it will be soon. Same goes for Gorman and Silent.
Hope was done by Chatter.
Not sure what the schedule is like for this year but i think it would be similar maybe someone who knows can chime in.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden Snowmobile Trail society, They have info on there and all area trail heads and trail condition and map of area.Its good but can be a little slow for up date.

knizer8hun

Reaction score
Quartz is open, CHATTER creek is closed.

A rock slab came down a at the 50-ish KM mark, and the trail is prety well blocked.
BC Ministry of Forest closed the trail sometime after the susan lake turn off, as you get closer to the 50 k mark.

Still some decent spur riding in between Donald(O KM) and up to the closure.

Quartz is open, but there are boundaries in there for Glacier Park.
Can get a $2000 fine if you're cuaght in them.

knizer8hun

Reaction score
And Hope, which I believe is after this rock slide closure, is also groomed by the staff at Chatter Creek.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was riding Quartz on the 6 & 7 and was only groomed about half way to the cabin after that it get REALLY rough. Not sure when they will be grooming further. Hoefully not long want o get out again before new years

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of snow out there now!!!! Hit it and get the good powder, many people looking to get out so hammer down! :)

rapptorracing

Reaction score
Rode Quartz thurs, amazing grooming job for the amount of snow there was to work with, right to the cabin, all cross ditches and creeks filled in, smooth sailing. Found enuff up top to play all day, but forgot the camera.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not so much hammer down into the cabin thru the "whoops" !!!!:eek:
It's brutal!!!!!!!! snow's good but gotta get it groomed all the way in!!!:beer:

RN

How'd the turbo work??

I find the same thing, too many guys blipping the throttle, starting and stopping, making bumps in the trail. Never saw the need to gas it from a stand-still and dig a big trench in the middle of the trail.

WFO all the way and it will stay smooth as silk!!! :D

LOL!!!

Top Bottom