grizzly wet clutch

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might be confusing Hunterworks mod to the primary clutch with the wet clutch that drives the primary.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i herd that you lose much of your engine breaking when you do this conversion have you noticed?

No, I haven't. I went with 20 gr rollers & my engine breaking actually improved.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might be confusing Hunterworks mod to the primary clutch with the wet clutch that drives the primary.

I didn't really. The primary was mentioned, so I mentioned the Hunterworks kit. My bad .... :(

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought dooryder might have the two confused because when you go to a dry clutch like a Bronco you lose all your engine braking.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
diggin up bones here lol
got a buddies 700 grizz at my place right now wet clutch is toasted, makes the pics of the one on the thread lookm like its brand new lol.
has anyone found an aftermarket one for these? or a delete system for it? unit also needs rear shafts, and tires.
2000hrs without an oil change even is hard on equipment:eek::eek:
thanks.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
diggin up bones here lol
got a buddies 700 grizz at my place right now wet clutch is toasted, makes the pics of the one on the thread lookm like its brand new lol.
has anyone found an aftermarket one for these? or a delete system for it? unit also needs rear shafts, and tires.
2000hrs without an oil change even is hard on equipment:eek::eek:
thanks.

You could go to a dry,.. but the OEM wet will work fine. Regular oil changes is a must on the 450/660 and 700.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could go to a dry,.. but the OEM wet will work fine. Regular oil changes is a must on the 450/660 and 700.

ya i dunno what he is going to want to do looking at a 2000g bill to repair clutch,and shafts and it still has garbage tires on it that are rotting off of it.
sickens me to look at a 4yr old 10g machine thats barely worth 500 bucks right now. tires,clutch,axles,winch,runs like a crap can, bent racks. sad when a peep spends that kinda dough and doesnt maintain it.:(:(

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i dunno what he is going to want to do looking at a 2000g bill to repair clutch,and shafts and it still has garbage tires on it that are rotting off of it.
sickens me to look at a 4yr old 10g machine thats barely worth 500 bucks right now. tires,clutch,axles,winch,runs like a crap can, bent racks. sad when a peep spends that kinda dough and doesnt maintain it.:(:(

Gotta pay to play,.. but proper maintenance is a must and helps to keep cost down. Pretty sure you could fine some take off's for replacement tires to keep repair cost down.

Has the OP manual even been opened haha

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
order a wet clutch delete for it from airdam and run full synthetics on it sounds like your buddy needs that kind of maint schedule.

think the whole kit is like 1200 which includes everything including a new primary.

when my wet clutch dies im gonna beg this guy to do a 660 lol

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ended up ordering the clutch online from out eatern us. came to 740 or so if i remember right for the clutch,housing, and any and all bearings, gaskets, seals, and circlips to do the job. ended up getting my axles off t and t, cause they rock, and nobody could come close to his price even if it came out of the states.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
order a wet clutch delete for it from airdam and run full synthetics on it sounds like your buddy needs that kind of maint schedule.

Think the whole kit is like 1200 which includes everything including a new primary.

When my wet clutch dies im gonna beg this guy to do a 660 lol

x2....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What advantage is there to a dry clutch?

biggest one i could think of is it would keep the eng.oil way cleaner, as well as probably way easier to maintain/modify if needed.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
biggest one i could think of is it would keep the eng.oil way cleaner, as well as probably way easier to maintain/modify if needed.

That's kinda what I figured, but it seems like an expensive mod if that's the only benefit. :confused:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will launch like a raped ape and engine braking is actually better

cant get traction as it is so not sure how much harder of a launch you want. the one i just did for my buddy we are running mudlights on it now and it just leaves big azzed rooster tails when you take off. so not sure how much harder it could launch with better clutching just sayin.
but can see that it would though. if you got it to hook up.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant get traction as it is so not sure how much harder of a launch you want. the one i just did for my buddy we are running mudlights on it now and it just leaves big azzed rooster tails when you take off. so not sure how much harder it could launch with better clutching just sayin.
but can see that it would though. if you got it to hook up.

You'll never get it to hook with plug lights on it.j/s

Top Bottom