Grizzly Lodge VS Chatter Creek...

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which would you spend the $$$ on? I have a spot for Chatter, never been. The date is very close to work season starting up again, might sell it and do grizzly, or is that a mistake??

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which would you spend the $$$ on? I have a spot for Chatter, never been. The date is very close to work season starting up again, might sell it and do grizzly, or is that a mistake??

Never been to to chatter but have done the Grizzly 3 years in a row, this will be year 4, never been disappointed just seems to get better every year. Crew up there does an awesome job.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for Chatter either but spent 3 days at Grizzly and that place is awesome. Snow sucked when I was there but the lodge is top notch. I'd go back in a heart beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like Chatter will be doing the sledding trips anymore so you have a easy decision. I've been to chatter last five yrs, undoubtedly the best sledding terrain I've ever encountered.The lodge/food/ staff are nothing but awesome. I like to get Adams unbiased opinion of the two as he sledded with us at chatter two yrs ago.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzly is a great time and being able to book in season instead of just spring season is a big plus for snow conditions and powder days. That said the price keeps going up and I and some others have decided not to book there this year. For the cost we are easily doing two weekend trips elsewhere. Would love to go back but for me being somewhat local I'd rather spend that money on trips to areas I can't daytrip to.

CAPTAIN MORGANS SPICED

Reaction score

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzly runs all sled season right? For that reason I would think if you booked mid season your chances of powder snow would be higher. But I was extremely lucky enough to go to chatter and it was pretty awesome. The food was great the drink were great everything was great. We were lucky to have nice snow to! That trip made my decision to sell my sled harder then it already was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done grizzly and was very impressed with the hospitality and the food. They do a bang up job in those regards. I have not been back due to the price. I understand they have to charge this much as it costs a lot to operate off grid as they do but the value is just not there for me personally. It is a very cool experience and top notch place to stay but you still have to ride some semi groomed trails to get to good riding and though the terrain we found was good it was not better than anything we ride at our usual areas. If staying for a while and bringing a fair amount of stuff, packing all of your stuff up to the lodge is a little bit of an adventure if not setup with a good skidder.

All in all, if you are looking for resort treatment and some good riding the Grizz is the ticket. If you are simply looking to ride yourself into a coma and pass out in your ****ty hotel with your boots still on and a lucky lager in your hand you may not see the value.

Anybody that does go.... order an avalanche from the bar... bring advil:cool:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you get your info. Our group of 12 are booked in for April. They are gearing up for their winter season as we speak.

It has been 6 seasons for us and we love it. The people are awesome there, and the food is second to none.

Chatter Creek Snowmobiling Lodge | Trail Riding | Expert Powder Snowmobiler | Accommodation in the Rocky Mountains, Golden, BC

Doesn't sound like Chatter will be doing the sledding trips anymore so you have a easy decision. I've been to chatter last five yrs, undoubtedly the best sledding terrain I've ever encountered.The lodge/food/ staff are nothing but awesome. I like to get Adams unbiased opinion of the two as he sledded with us at chatter two yrs ago.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom