Grizzly 700 Using Oil

bowhunter

Reaction score
My grizz 700 has just a bit under 4000km and the last few times I've been out it's been really warm out and when I get back from riding and check the quad over, I need to add a little bit of oil to the engine. Im not talking alot, maybe I need a 1/4" extra on the dipstick to bring it up to the full mark. Is this a big concern for me and need to worry about it or just keep topping it up when needed? I looked over the engine hard and there is no leaks at all.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
My 660 has done the same thing since new I heard alot of 660's do it not sure on the 700's though

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is normal to start using a bit of oil as the engine gets older, but really how much are you talking about 100 ml or so? My buddy has the 680 grizz and he tops it up every trip 100 to 200 ml after 4 or 5 hours worth of quadding and we have fun in the mud so she is working, he has about 7000 k on it so she has lived

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your air box, the Yamaha's as well as other machines have an issue with this. Under high speeds, the oil in a vapor form is transferred through the crankcase breather line to the air box. My 660 does the same thing.

bowhunter

Reaction score
Okay cool! How long should a quad last for usually? I am the original owner and have done all the required service and taking care of it an run all amsoil in it too. Should I expect a few more years out of it? I do use my quad for working hard though. Moving the trailer around or hauling fire wood or the boat and hauling game out of the bush so it does work pretty hard sometime.

Top Bottom