Grizzly 700 Top speed

Smidgy

Reaction score
Now before you all flame me about going so fast this is a question on how the bike works and has a purpose for clutching not going faster...

Now the question, I had my grizzly down a dirt road and I either hit a rev limiter or speed limiter at 105 km/h. I have never hit this number before my exhaust(LTE Duals) but I have bigger tires and a lot of extra wieght on my bike, skids, bumpers, passenger pegs etc. Has anyone else ever hit this, is it speed limited at 105 or is it rev limited to whatever rpm?

finndoo

Reaction score
105 is all she will do as a result of power, gearing and rpm. Not sure if it has a rev limiter but I would think that the factory would put one in to limit warranty claims. Besides at 105 my grizz sounds about ready to go into meltdown any way. If you have bigger than stock tires and your speedo reads 105 you are actually going slightly faster, not much but a little.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now before you all flame me about going so fast this is a question on how the bike works and has a purpose for clutching not going faster...

Now the question, I had my grizzly down a dirt road and I either hit a rev limiter or speed limiter at 105 km/h. I have never hit this number before my exhaust(LTE Duals) but I have bigger tires and a lot of extra wieght on my bike, skids, bumpers, passenger pegs etc. Has anyone else ever hit this, is it speed limited at 105 or is it rev limited to whatever rpm?

you go dude!!! yamaha is the only way!!:d:beer:

Smidgy

Reaction score
105 is all she will do as a result of power, gearing and rpm. Not sure if it has a rev limiter but I would think that the factory would put one in to limit warranty claims. Besides at 105 my grizz sounds about ready to go into meltdown any way. If you have bigger than stock tires and your speedo reads 105 you are actually going slightly faster, not much but a little.

yea she sure screams lol, but she can take it!! I am thining it was a rev limiter because I actually got to a point where it bababababa, and usually when it is a speed limiter it will actually shut you down a bit...

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the wife's grizzley doing 104 km/hr.....had my outlander(650) doing 110 and ran outta road. Only 4x4 to bet it has been an 800 outty. No, haven't tried it against a thunder cat or the new popo 850.

yogie

Reaction score
Website
www.ozatv.com

the grizz isnt the quickest quad out there thats for sure, and at 105, you'd be flogging the crap out of it if you did that to often, by a bruteforce :d

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Sounds right to me. 106 i think is the fastest i have had mine going...And it does have a rev limiter.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddies will do 117 km/h on the speedo, he has a few mods done, including hmf slip on, raptor stage 1 hotcam, dynatec,few other small tweaks, 25" holeshots, and stock clutching

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had my Yamaha 4X4 450 SE topped out at 92 k and i thought that was slow ....
but hey, not built for speed are they...rarley in the trails or mud are you above 30 k

Smidgy

Reaction score
had my Yamaha 4X4 450 SE topped out at 92 k and i thought that was slow ....
but hey, not built for speed are they...rarley in the trails or mud are you above 30 k

well sometimes the crowd I ride with will take a spirited run down a twisty trail, and in the trails nothing I ride with is as fast as the grizzly 700's, but I account most of this to the power steering and the experience of the riders riding those bikes. There are some 800 can-ams and yes they are incredibly fast on the road but niether of them have the power steering option so on rough trails they are constantly fighting the bars, with power steering it would probably bea different story.....so sometimes I can ride pretty quick in the trails...

I was no where near floating the valves in the old girl she had some more left in the tank, not sure if I really want to go much faster or not but I was thinking about a dynateck. I do have my bike modded for better flow, it has EHS lid, EHS programmer, K&N filter, LTE Dual Exhaust(awesome mod) so she loves to go on top compared to stock, but I was wondering how far I should push it. I was also looking that UTV Inc, offers a machined sheave that will give you more top end and better acceleration. ///Airdam also can machine your primary to give you more everything(bottem, mid, top). So I was thinking of maybe getting that done.

I guess what I am saying is I love this grizzly and would never think of getting another brand, but I might mod it a little so that it is a little harder for those 800's to get by...

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the wife's grizzley doing 104 km/hr.....had my outlander(650) doing 110 and ran outta road. Only 4x4 to bet it has been an 800 outty. No, haven't tried it against a thunder cat or the new popo 850.

The guys I ride with top out right around the 100kph mark on their grizzlies but they have all mud set ups, not speed. I had my Brute topped out at 119kph(on GPS, speedo read 112kph) with 28" Maxxis Zillas, pipe and snorkels. I know Can-ams and King Quads will beat me top end, not sure about polaris though.

Top Bottom