grizz overheating

yamadoo

Reaction score
I have an 08 700 grizz and she overheats all the time. Am I the only one? Cause that would be my luck!
What to do!:rolleyes:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Your rad can look clean at a glance but try putting a flashlight in behind the radiator and make sure its really clean. I'm sure you checked the levels but thought I'd mention that too. On really hot days like we have had, its a good idea to run the machine with the side panels off to expel the heat a little better. There is also an after market anti-freeze out that is supposed to help.Good luck :rolleyes:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your rad can look clean at a glance but try putting a flashlight in behind the radiator and make sure its really clean. I'm sure you checked the levels but thought I'd mention that too. On really hot days like we have had, its a good idea to run the machine with the side panels off to expel the heat a little better. There is also an after market anti-freeze out that is supposed to help.Good luck :rolleyes:
According to the scientific minds on daily planet, none of that additive stuff (water wetter etc) helps cooling. The only thing the antifreeze does is raise the boiling temp.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
According to the scientific minds on daily planet, none of that additive stuff (water wetter etc) helps cooling. The only thing the antifreeze does is raise the boiling temp.

Thats exactly what I thought too. The red headed step child tried selling me on the fancy anti-freeze and I didn't bite. The only good that does is saves a mess on the ground, not your engine. IMO

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I vote........double check the rad with a flashlight!!
Its unusuall for the grizz!
catmando!

yamadoo

Reaction score
i have washed the rad as much as i can. it is hard to get to for one but i think i have done it. i heard of this after market rad do you think it will work or should i make a pump to take along on trips?:rant:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find that most guys wash them out to quickly,when your washing your quad soak it good and run the water through it as best you can doing this several times over the 15 or twenty minutes it takes to wash it.Everyone tell me the brute force I ride has a overheating problem,well I do this little procedure everytime I ride it and I still have never seen the overheat light !
catmando!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Is the electric fan working??? What grade of oil are you using? My light has never turned on,,1100k onit now

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have washed the rad as much as i can. it is hard to get to for one but i think i have done it. i heard of this after market rad do you think it will work or should i make a pump to take along on trips?:rant:

The Highlifter triple core rad is definitaly the best way to go. Even plugged with mud they are very hard to overheat. I have one on order for my Brute as I spend at least half an hour or more just on the rad and it seems to overheat within 2-3 hours riding in muddy conditions. Pumps are always a good investment as well as long as there is somewhere to use semi clean water on your trail.

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my grizzly too. I clean the rad out the best i can without taking the grill off and it's been overheating the last few times i've been riding. It takes the fun out of riding if you have to worry about overheating if you play in the mud. I have ordered one of the Highlifter rads that mount on the rack and i'm sure i won't have anymore problems once that's installed.

EASYMONEY

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me the other day and it was a very dirty rad. Lesson learned, clean the machine after evry use so the mud doesn't harden up.

feyd

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my grizzly too. I clean the rad out the best i can without taking the grill off and it's been overheating the last few times i've been riding. It takes the fun out of riding if you have to worry about overheating if you play in the mud. I have ordered one of the Highlifter rads that mount on the rack and i'm sure i won't have anymore problems once that's installed.

I have the HL rad and relocation kit for my KQ700.....quad gets filthy but the rad is still nice and clean. At the Robb rally people were overheating and needed to have their quads' washed off at the first checkpoint...NOT ME!! :d

Top Bottom