GREAT Klim Warranty

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mailto:tthompson@klim.com
this is who I dealt with. My jacket and bibs where in very good condition other than the icing up problem.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish it was that good. Had pair of pants that let water in from the knees down. Sent in pics, mailed in my pants & they found a small scuff on one knee & said pants aren't covered.
Its the material is worn out from rubbing on tunnel & side of seat that caused leakage. But no warranty!!! No idea how they base there decisions??

If you wore them it's wear and tear lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I wonder if the people with the positive experiences can relay who from klim and their contact info. My pants were purchased in late 2007 and now have a problem with the zipper did not get satisfaction with the person I dealt with.
The outfit in Calgary that used to do the water testing for Klim does great repairs to the Klim gear. Waterproof/windproof zippers installed if you have broken ones. I replaced a zipper on a two year old jacket (I didn't think it was warrantable) at my cost.

Spirit West or Outdoor Approach and google for a phone number.

big_red1a

Reaction score
You want warranty on 10year old pants? lol
I bet you ride more in one month then some guys have in 10 years! If the label says guaranteed to keep you dry and the gear has not been abused or destroyed then It should be warrantied. I have a case open with Klim right now as well. (Not going well) My gear is newer but has 2 small snags on the knee panel which seem to be making my ass wet???? I sure hope they change their mind.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big-Red.... that was my story as well. My legs get wet from the knees down. Yes they are older pants but in great condition. I don't even have snags. Its just a rub line or something from a tree branch on 1 knee & they tell me it lets all the water in on both legs. No warranty!!

Only good thing is I didn't figure they would cover them anyway. Bought new pants at sled show & great price. So old pants will be for quading now.

big_red1a

Reaction score
Well good news after a lot of persuasion, and my third customer service rep, Klim has warrantied my leaking bib. I'm on my own for the jacket but the fact that they stepped up and provided some goodwill has salvaged my believe that they are worth investing in again.
Thanks Klim.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I put my warranty claim in for my boa strap breaking and my gloves today, lets see what happens. Gloves were pretty much new they spend more time in the pack that wearing them the leather in the interior index finger was quite thin and came apart on the second time I used them last year, that must of been in January.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I put my warranty claim in for my boa strap breaking and my gloves today, lets see what happens. Gloves were pretty much new they spend more time in the pack that wearing them the leather in the interior index finger was quite thin and came apart on the second time I used them last year, that must of been in January.

The Boa strap is covered by Boa themselves, I have them on my HMK boots - Boa is awesome sent an email got a reply the same day and replacement wire in 3 days same thing on the second round but they sent me 2 so I could have a spare.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any way to get a new bottom sole for my Klim BOA boots? I've worn out the tread, they are pretty slick on the bottom and might not last the next winter.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Any way to get a new bottom sole for my Klim BOA boots? I've worn out the tread, they are pretty slick on the bottom and might not last the next winter.

Go to your nearest cobbler there is a thread on the site called klim boots, it has several cobblers, one in Calgary and the other in Kamloops sure where you are you will find the same. I been patching my boots with windshield urethane but this year will get them gone in Edmonton.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The Boa strap is covered by Boa themselves, I have them on my HMK boots - Boa is awesome sent an email got a reply the same day and replacement wire in 3 days same thing on the second round but they sent me 2 so I could have a spare.

Klim responded to me today and I had to send more pics of the broken cable in. Same with my gloves, more photos please.

20201109_223027412_iOS.jpg
20201109_222359997_iOS.jpg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.boafit.com/en-us/support/warranty[/FONT]

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong. I sent them my Togwotee bibs. I was getting a wet bum.
They tell me the seat panels are worn and that’s not warranty.
Two season!!
Fukk em.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't surprise me
I must be doing something wrong. I sent them my Togwotee bibs. I was getting a wet bum.
They tell me the seat panels are worn and that’s not warranty.
Two season!!
Fukk em.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Motorfist is not doing much for warranty.
I have 5yr old gear. I ride very little each year. They claimed to much wear on pants to cover butt getting wet. Boots have only one year warranty so the leaking wasn’t covered.
Basically I thing after one season on most gear you are on your own.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe things have changed at Klim since Polaris Industries took over. I have had the best warranty service ever on jackets and bibs. I am on my 9th pair of bibs since buying my first set in 2008 and all under warranty. The only issue was getting wet on the buttocks and knees. No rips/tears, very clean, and not really anything they could throw back at me like abuse, etc.. Several jackets (maybe 4) were also replaced but I didn't document and keep track of them. They were also replaced due to leakage.

Until they change the sign hanging on the clothing stating "Guaranteed to Keep you Dry", I will continue to go through the process of claiming warranty. I found in the earlier years, they would last about 45-55 days of riding before starting to leak. Started treating them with GoreTex wash machine stuff and it works increasing the dryness by about 10-20%. I love my Klim gear and will wear no other.

The boots are another issue but I understand where they are coming from with all the scraping of the running boards, etc.. Never asked for warranty on my boots and when they started to get wet, I threw them out and looked around for off-season sales to replace them.

Top Bottom