grave flats near cadomin

m7 carver

Reaction score
this is an awesome riding area
there are tonnes of trails leading to waterfalls, lakes, one of them even leads to the suspensoin bridge going into the national park " pretty cool " Picture 079.jpg this pic is on the way to cardinal falls

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you give more details to staging areas? Directions? Type of riding?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love this area, amazing views, nice trails lots of creek/river crossings, lakes, waterfalls, photo moments (up close to marmotts) might be spelled wrong.
However i have never seen this suspension bridge, would love to know where it is.......... Have been to the Great divide,Cardinal headwaters, Ruby lake/ Ruby falls etc.
Normally run into cold and snow flurries/storms every visit EVEN IN JULY in the higher spots like Cardinal headwaters, bring warm clothes.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
There is parking/staging at N 52° 51.996 W 116° 56.900. The trail head can be picked up at N 52° 51.965 W 116° 56.818 after you cross the river. Follow the ruby falls trail until you cross ruby creek and find a fork in the trail at about N 52° 50.283 W 116° 57.225. Stay right along the creek to go to ruby falls or stay left and go past flapjack lake. You will come out on a road (N52 47.902 W116 56.279). Pick up the trail across the road. At N 52° 47.568 W 116° 55.560 you will find the south esk trail head sign, this part of the trail is maintianed by the Edson atv club. You will need to continue past the end of the trail maintianed by the atv club and cross another creek at the bottom of the hill. you can ride to aprox N 52° 39.829 W 116° 53.043 then take the walking trail down to the bridge. The trip from grave flats to the bridge is aprox 35 km one way.
If you are into the geocaching thing then you will find that I have several caches along the way to the bridge.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
this area is pretty busy in the summer.

Ya it's getting real busy in there over the past few years. Rough as he'll too :( if you can, make sure you take spare tires. I've wrecked lots of tires and wheels in there from the rock over the years :rant: won't catch me going back anytime soon that's foshow. Very pretty though.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too many people in the summer time for me too. Make sure your ins.and registration is in order if you do go as the fish cops patrol there regularily.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who has good map of this area I am looking to find british colonies and the suspension bridge this year we leave july 28 th 2013 thanks in advance

1981k20

Reaction score
who has good map of this area I am looking to find british colonies and the suspension bridge this year we leave july 28 th 2013 thanks in advance
Looking to head out on the 31st, hope to see you there. Any further info on where the bridge is???

Top Bottom