Grande Prarrie dunes may be seriously resrticed to ATV users

smokindiesel

Reaction score
There is a group in Grande prarrie that is trying to change the dunes. Currently the dunes is area 5 mins south of town that has mile and miles of trails. ATVS, Trucks, Jeeps and horses currently use the area. The wapiti corridor planning society is trying to change the use of this area restricing atvs to certain trails and horses to certain trails. Any wheeling of highway registered veichles will not be allowed. If they manage to put there plan into place the area will ruined for motorsports enthusests. The link to there page is Wapiti Corridor Planning Society They have meetings every one in a while. I went to one today, talked to someone involved and was basically told that if ATV users and off roaders want the area to be accesable we (the atv group) need to show up to the meeting, write emails send letters. Anyone want to help support this cause? I will post when they have another meeting if anyone is interested in comeing.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a group in Grande prarrie that is trying to change the dunes. Currently the dunes is area 5 mins south of town that has mile and miles of trails. ATVS, Trucks, Jeeps and horses currently use the area. The wapiti corridor planning society is trying to change the use of this area restricing atvs to certain trails and horses to certain trails. Any wheeling of highway registered veichles will not be allowed. If they manage to put there plan into place the area will ruined for motorsports enthusests. The link to there page is Wapiti Corridor Planning Society They have meetings every one in a while. I went to one today, talked to someone involved and was basically told that if ATV users and off roaders want the area to be accesable we (the atv group) need to show up to the meeting, write emails send letters. Anyone want to help support this cause? I will post when they have another meeting if anyone is interested in comeing.

Looks like the motorized riders need to get involved and get active in keeping this area used by motorized. Ball is in your court now. Good for you in attending a meeting. Now you see how the system works. Groups get together and can eliminate a user from a area. Now get involved in this group with your group and work to stay in this area. Remember you need to give some area to keep some area.

cvo110

Reaction score
Hey check out pcra.ca it's an atv group some of us have started I've attended several wapiti corridor meetings and am aware of the proposed zoning I've been trying to get more people involved with club meetings and such through social media but people don't seem to understand what's at risk if you wanna help out gimme a call 780-897-2334 Claude is my name

Top Bottom