Gps?

m1000db

Reaction score
Garmin montana 650, Great with back roads maps, most of the trail systems in alberta are marked. Like the touch screen, hope that it works as well on the sled as in the sxs

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another one for the GARMIN, But it is the Mapping Software that makes the big difference. Lots of it for the Garmin Units.

justn

Reaction score
My dad and I have been using Garmin Rhino 530hcx's for a few years now, and our buddies have some too. Its super nice to have the 2 way radios and be able to poll the location of other Rhino's.

robb

Reaction score
Garmin Rino 530hcx as well. Others in my group have been getting them too so this is a great way to keep track of each other

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What mapping software are you guys running ? Looking at getting the whole set up this fall.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the Alberta Back Roads mapping card, also have the one for BC. All the trails, cutlines, OHV use areas are marked for you. Show's lease roads and LSD's.

What mapping software are you guys running ? Looking at getting the whole set up this fall.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I had a Garmin 60CX until I smashed it a few weeks ago... excellent unit, but it's been discontinued. I bought the next generation Garmin 62S... I didn't think I'd like it as much as my old one, but now that I'm used to it, I love it. You can load several different maps and toggle between them and you can load Google Earth Satelite imagery onto it... I've been waiting for this for years! I've got it all setup and going hunting in 2 weeks, I can't wait to see how the satelite maps work!

robb

Reaction score
X2 on Alberta Backroad GPS Maps. Shows a lot of detail and a lot more accurate than the stock mapsource data.

Top Bottom