Gps

rjconcrete

Reaction score
Website
www.rjconcrete.ca
Looking at purchasing a GPS for the back country. Have had good input from the GARMIN RINO however read that there may be distortion between the RINO and beacon when the two are close to each other? Has anyone had this problem or have input on the RINO's and different series...100-500?

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might find some usefull info in the "geek chat" section....hope this helps

Cowboy151

Reaction score
I've been using the Garmin Rhino 120 since '04 without any issue. The rhino unit is certainly tough and weather resistant. I would get another. Cheers

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have the 530chx nice unit, not sure if i need all the extra features, but would buy a 520chx for sure. easy to use and better range, more memory and love the polling feature.

Elmo

Reaction score
I have a 530, and have not had a problem with it, although I can't say that it is very intuitive...can be hard to figure it out, but with a little patience...

As for interfering with your beacon, Randy at Zac's says that it will interfere with your beacon receiving another beacon signal, but not with your beacon transmission. So if you are in search mode, turn off your Rino. Apparently, most electronics will do the same, Randy knows of an instance where a quartz watch messed up the receiving function of some guy's beacon, but it would work correctly when he shifted it to his other hand.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got a rino 120.. i think... the gps and frs is awsome and to beable to get gps spoting from another rino on where they are [ i'e stuck in a tree well and your 50 feet away and can't see them ] .... some times we have a free for all in the trees and it the only way to find a guy stuck....

Top Bottom