GPS Units

crazy_mud

Reaction score
I thinking about getting a little GPS unit for when im quading out in rocky.
im not looking for top of the line, just something that is water proof and can do the basics.

any recommendations?

Thanks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any of the rhino models, can be found on e-bay will work well, have the radio and gps that work together, i'd stick with garmin gps, most popular. a hcx gps model with some memory for maps.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned and sold my rhino gps, i now own the magellan 610 which i got from canadian tire for 299. It is water proof, takes pictures and video comes loaded with maps of canada and the world. You can purchase high def maps for and additional 29 dollars. Vantagepoint software is fantastic it interfaces from the computer to the gps and vise versa. Batteries do not last as long as they claim but my rhino was something else.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there have been some problems with the rhino's, so i have heard, so far i have 3 and not many problems. other than getting lost hehe. magellens are also good just it seems garmin are more popular is all.

The End

Reaction score
I've got a Garmin Oregon 450 mounted on my handlebars, and it's been completely covered in mud, smacked with tree branches, submerged in water while still plugged in, etc. and I've never had an issue with it.

Top Bottom