GPS Tacks and maps.

jlundstrom8

Reaction score
I just purchased a garmin etrex 30, waiting on delivery!
I was looking around and cant seem to find any gps tracks I can download to my gps.
any help or ideas?
thn

jlundstrom8

Reaction score
thnx guys, the google maps is for stagging areas. im looking for a trail map so i know which way togo and most importantly..get home!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
thnx guys, the google maps is for stagging areas. im looking for a trail map so i know which way togo and most importantly..get home!

So then put that fancy GPS on Track and when you get to your destination, put it on Track back or turn around and just keep following the "salt and pepper trail" on the screen. Easy-peasy.....:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
backroad maps are good, have maps for alberta, bc. so far seems to be good info on the map i have. arff has the bushmaps which is also very good, has a bit more oilfield info. like lease sites etc. backroads shows pipelines but not well sites as such. but if ya know what your looking at pipelines usually end at a well site. the topo canda stuff is just cheap azz bs. shows very little, but i guess ya get what ya pay for.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have downloaded the trails from the quadsquad and put on my gps and it is great also you can put them into google earth and get a good idea where they all go
dont exactly remember the process but isnt to dificult

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with sharing. I have a problem with the technology for sharing. Working with a Mac just makes it complicated beyond words.

FYI I have deleted more tracks than I have saved. Once in the brain, I don't lose the trail............on most days.

would that be what you were doing the last time we were down in fernie, wondered what you were doing all those circles in the meadow for. resetting yer brain (gps). haha. or where you trying to find our trail? lol.
i know stay in the meadow, don't explore.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
would that be what you were doing the last time we were down in fernie, wondered what you were doing all those circles in the meadow for. resetting yer brain (gps). haha. or where you trying to find our trail? lol.
i know stay in the meadow, don't explore.

Don't want to show you guys all the secret places now doo I? Meadows are fun with the right snow conditions.......some days I'm a meadow muffin!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't want to show you guys all the secret places now doo I? Meadows are fun with the right snow conditions.......some days I'm a meadow muffin!
haha, you were being a little fruggal on the secret places so we found a few of our own, problem is our gps didn't work so we have no idea were we where. oh and your turn around till your dizzy didn't help. i'm still lost lol.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
haha, you were being a little fruggal on the secret places

I'm never frugal on the secret places. I just don't take you there all the time. I have to have some places I can go that aren't all tracked out all the time. YOu guys come in in the middle of the night and track everything up so that in the morning I got nothing left.....lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm never frugal on the secret places. I just don't take you there all the time. I have to have some places I can go that aren't all tracked out all the time. YOu guys come in in the middle of the night and track everything up so that in the morning I got nothing left.....lol

well you told us to turn right at the leaning tree, must have been dark, as we never did see it and rode around for hours in the dark. we did see the lights from Vancouver i think, or it may have been Calgary?. also i think we saw someone in a fur coat/suit running around the woods with a fur hat like you got. never did get another look at him though.

Top Bottom