GPS Sled Mount

Glasser

Reaction score
What does everybody use to mount a GPS on your sled? I usually carry mine in a handlebar bag but it looses sattelite contact occasionially. Is there an easy way I can mount it to the dash? Wondering about a RAM mount?

Craven

Reaction score
RAM diamond base plate with a 3'' arm and what ever cradle fits your model of GPS from GPS Central. Mounted on a XP console. Base plate and arm are about $11 ea. Usually orders at your door in 2 days. Made a backing plate out of a piece of plastic that goes on the underside of the console for some extra support. I have been over/through he bars a few times and the GPS didn't move.

Attachments

• IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 28

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did 3 2007 Rev's like this.
The Zumo never loses sat link, and is built for the elements, great unit.

We removed the pedestal mount, and mounted the cradle directly to the sled, nice and secure.

GPS pic.jpg

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry no pic's but i have used the ram mounts on several rev's and now a couple of xp's, work great, i also hardwired several of them in, and leave the backlight on to help keep it warm, for the first few years i would put a teather on the gps but now i know its not going anyware. ram makes great mounts good luck

giddyup

Glasser

Reaction score
Thanks - mine is hardwired. I am definately getting a Ram mount.

Top Bottom