And so it begins.............lol.

Attachments

• iphone pics 248.jpg
    iphone pics 248.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 323

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks i am not a decal fan as well.....
Thanls for your advice and help as well, much thanks !

lshobie

Reaction score
I liked the Ranger I test drove, didnt like the wobble throttle on bumps though. Other than that a nice ride.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Nev, I've liked all the other builds you've done and im sure you'll make this one nice. My only question is why didnt you do a rzr xp 900? Also from what I saw on Polaris' website the ranger has hp in the 60's instead of the higher power of the rzr xp 900.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is bulding a Can am recovery machine...;)

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's no maverick but that thing looks pretty damn cool lol:cool:. Is the pic of yours or someone elses?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts: I have done a lot of research and talked to a lot of people about the 900 ranger,here our some of my conclusions based on that.......Firstly ,these are my opinions and preferences so this would be totally different than the next guy depending on what you want out of your machine !
The 900 is stout built and made more for work than any thing else. The 900 motor is proven and this version has the same bottom end as the 900 XP, although HP numbers are lower, torque is amazing. It is much like a diesel in that regards ,compared to a gas engine.
I dont need to be the fastest,but i like snappy power down low and this has LOTS of that. Also more power is avaiable with RZR parts if wanted....This motor was designed to run at 6500 all day every day,a more suitable rpm range for the riding we do....

The gearing and clutching is spot on a tad lower than the RZR,stouter diffs ,frame and suspension. The undercarrige is a arm, so it is more protected, easier to lift and provides a little more articulation with the proper lift kit(arched&raked). As well as being 60 inchs wide only.....Or 4 inchs narrower than a rzr 900 XP.
With a 3 inch lift and 30`s,you will have over 18" of GC,the magic # where you get through mosts holes pretty easy if there is a bottom.
Rode a maverick the other day,fantastic machine but i cant see over the big hood lol......Great in the dunes not so much up steeps side hill cliffs..........
This has a very rider forward seating position, you can see your lines with ease. Like the high seat position,tired of the wet azz ,in the rzr.Tons of storage, and really great fit and finnish (american made,not mexico)Power steering is standard on the LE,and there is room for 3 with easy access in and out.
I also like the big box with access to the motor to wash and clean out/service being easy !
PLUS i can haul 10 to 20 gallons of fuel in the box .enough for Arff to start a small fire...............
Like all newer Popo`s the rear axles are ???,and the bushings should be upgraded to aftermarket ones.

For 6000 less than an 900 rzr ,i think it is good bang for the buck........time will tell...LOL

These are some of my thoughts,but i will keep you posted good or bad of my findings

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that your way of saying its a showpiece that will never get used....

i am sure intrigued with this choice figured it would be green

It won't be a showpiece. It can get a green wrap.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts: I have done a lot of research and talked to a lot of people about the 900 ranger,here our some of my conclusions based on that.......Firstly ,these are my opinions and preferences so this would be totally different than the next guy depending on what you want out of your machine !
The 900 is stout built and made more for work than any thing else. The 900 motor is proven and this version has the same bottom end as the 900 XP,ans although HP numbers are lower torque is amazing. It is much like a diesel in that regards ,compred to a gas engine.
I dont need to be the fastest,but i like snappy power down low and this has LOTS of that. Also more power is avaiable with RZR parts if wanted....This motor was designed to run at 6500 all day every day,a more suitable rpm range for the riding we do....

The gearing and clutching is spot on a tad lower than the RZR,and stouter diffs frame and suspension. The undercarrige is a arm, so it is more protected, easier to lift and provides a little more articulation with the proper lift kit. As well as being 60 inchs wide only.....
With a 3 inch lift and 30`s,you will have over 18" of GC,the magic # where you get through mosts holes pretty easy if there is a bottom.
Rode a maverick the other day,fantastic machine but i cant see over the big hood lol......Great in the dunes not so much up steeps side hill cliffs..........This has a very rider forward seating position, you can see your lines with ease. Like the high seat position,tired of the wet azz ,in the rzr.Tons of storage, and really great fit and finnish (american made,not mexico)Powewr steering is standard on the LE,and there is room for 3 with easy accessin and out.
I like the big box with access to the motor to wash and clean out/service being easy !
PLUS i can haul 10 to 20 gallons of fuel in the box .enough for Arff to start a small fire...............

These are some of my thoughts,but i will keep you posted good or bad of my findings

Great opinion right up... almost made me want to run out and buy on and were not even in the market...

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah when you point out all the differences between the ranger and rzr I can understand your choice. And its not like you'll get left behind because its got a couple less hp. And the width is a big bonus for sure. Im more inclined to get a utility machine over a pure sport and can appreciate the extra storage and ease of use.

So are you selling the old rzr now or waiting till the new rig is trail ready?

Top Bottom