Gorman Conditions

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I would start this thread as I see no info on Gorman yet..anyone been into there yet?? Lake good and frozen?? Thanx

maybe check the avi reports, i'd stay out for a week or two, let avi alley slide before ya go in there.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
Some how I doubt the lake will be frozen yet, but I have never been in there this early either. would also be good if avy alley slides before I go in there, can't wait to get back in there when its ready thats foresure

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some how I doubt the lake will be frozen yet, but I have never been in there this early either. would also be good if avy alley slides before I go in there, can't wait to get back in there when its ready thats foresure

the lake is probably pretty sketchy,,, last year dec 20 and we saw wet spots ripping over it was uneasy feeling and then we had a slide rip and write off a buddys sled,rider missed the tree's and was not burried sled hit tree's and was done,,,, this was just after the lake up a bit and on the right side,,, we were riding with this old guy (in his late 60's) been in gorman for many years and he had never seen that slope move,,,,its unpredictable early season

gorman is not the safest place early or late season and i would let it settle wait till january its just got some many bad spots that are hard to avoid.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call it death valley. Missed one fatality by a couple hours and watched another real time. Haven't been in there since '99 and no plans to go back anytime soon.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the lake in May...now that's sketchy...holy ass pucker! An apex only does 130kph and that ain't near fast enough!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its unpredictable early season

gorman is not the safest place early or late season and i would let it settle wait till january its just got some many bad spots that are hard to avoid.

What he said. Given last year's high avi conditions for pretty much the whole season, we stayed out of Gorman completely last season. Stay safe out there fellas.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out gorman lake may29/10 youtube clip, just not smart enough to do a proper link.lol modman or shawnmgr can figure it out

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High walls on both sides all the way in, definetely not for novices. Many areas though, Holt is probably my fav as it doesn't seem to get the traffic as the other areas.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
High walls on both sides all the way in, definetely not for novices. Many areas though, Holt is probably my fav as it doesn't seem to get the traffic as the other areas.

holt is epic fun on the right day,,, great terrain to bang on..... and a fun ride in

Top Bottom