Gorilla silverback / garbage tires

Aaron8747

Reaction score
I purchased 4 tires from Gorilla and they only have approx 100 – 150 km on them. The lugs on one of the tires has a split on 4 of the lugs and are separating from the tire. I spoke with Jamie @ Gorilla and told him of the issue on the tire which I believe is not only a safety concern but a very low quality of tire and I was very shocked and disappointed that Gorilla will not replace the tire nor were they concerned at all about the quality of their product. I was given the option to purchase another tire to replace the damaged one but now since the first set was garbage I don’t know if I want anything to do with these type of tires, especially after the lack of concern from Gorilla about the poor quality of their product. The worst $1200.00 bucks I ever spent, and now I either have to throw out all four tires which are hardly used or purchase another tire to have matching tires! I have attached pictures showing where all 4 tears have occurred on one tire, they are all in the same spot on the tires except for one is on the reverse side of the lug than the rest which would indicate to me a design or manufacture error.
Has anyone else had this problem with Gorilla tires???

IMG00172-20110906-1022.jpg IMG00171-20110906-1021.jpg IMG00170-20110906-1021.jpg IMG00169-20110906-1021.jpg IMG00168-20110906-1020.jpg IMG00167-20110906-1020.jpg

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks, never seen that before. Im surprised that Gorilla wont do anything about it either. My buddy just bought a set and so far so good.

ubergod

Reaction score
What PSI do you run in your tires?
You bought these new?
Do you use them on pavement/asphalt/very hard pack alot?

Me and my buddy have had lots of silverbacks, thats all we run..30's and 32's w/ 1000's of hard wot mud/muskeg km on them and never had a single problem with any of them....

Not bashing here either, but judgeing by the tips of your lugs...you either have way more then 150km on them or you do infact run on alot of hardpack/road/ashphalt... and hard acceleration/wheelies on this types of terrain with pure mud tires you are asking for trouble.. trouble like whats happened here..

Last edited:

jazzman

Reaction score
Crappy man I have 7000 km's on mine and they get abused i only have a couple out side lugs that have torn a little but nothing like that! Someone should be standing behind there product!:rant:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have silverbacks, really great tire. Hardly any wear, and I ride every weekend.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks to me as though someone has been trying wheelies on pavement, the silverbacks have a very hard rubber compound, when they catch and hook up look out, not saying your mashing your thumb on hardpack, but that sure looks as though what has happened.

bigwoodlogger

Reaction score
i have silverbacks too n the lugs were starting too tear in the same spots i phoned gorilla they wouldnt do anything for me so i put a tube in it n its been good since but the tire shop said looked like i was running too low of pressure for awhile so now i run 7psi in all of them was running around 1-1 1/2psi for bit wider for skeg

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gorilla will only take your money, no customer service there.. would'nt buy a thing from them. Oh, wait.... i don't run mud tires... lol

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
their made in the usa by itp , if you look on high lifter its not the most uncommon problem .

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outlaws don`t do that,no matter where you ride em...lol They are made by ITP ,what do you expect.....??

Aaron8747

Reaction score
I had 6 psi in the tires, i did purchase them new and i havnt ridin much on graval at all. I put the tires on last May and only got 3 rides out of it before blowing my rear diff. The one ride (up and over Limestone) had about 5 - 10km of gravel on it to get back to Cut-off creek and limestone is somewhat rocky but nothing too bad. The second ride was to Margaret lake from the Hunter Valley road which has some rock but nothing crazy. The third ride was up the Prairie creek power line which is mostly mud and dirt trail, then i blew my rear diff so it sat the rest of the year. Early this year i fixed the diff, went to Struble lake which is all mud and dirt trail for about a 25 -30 km run, then on my second trip i blew my rear prop shaft within 5 minutes of riding. I just fixed the prop shaft and went up the trail that goes north of Tershishner creek 10km in and 10 km out. I dont do wheelies but do like to rip down the trails pretty fast. The thing that confuses me the most is that out of the 4 lugs that are separating, two of them are on the forward side of the lug and two of them are on the reverse side??? Every person that i have showed the tire to looks and says, "that's a defect, they shouldnt be coming apart there".
I have put $2500.00 bucks into my quad this year due to break downs (steering post, rear diff, rear brake, inner and outter cv housing, rear prop shaft etc) and this was just the icing on the cake. This last 2 years has been very hard for me to get any riding in. I'm just dissapointed as i thought Gorilla would back their product a little better and they would only offer me a discount on another tire which is hardly a discount. ($20.00 off) I do need another tire now though, do you know where i can get one in Alberta so i dont have to pay the customs brokerage and shipping?

Aaron8747

Reaction score
gorilla tires 001.jpg gorilla tires 002.jpg gorilla tires 003.jpg gorilla tires 004.jpg gorilla tires 005.jpg gorilla tires 006.jpg gorilla tires 007.jpg gorilla tires 008.jpg gorilla tires 009.jpg gorilla tires 010.jpg

here's some more pics of this tire. i will post all of them shortly. Just a thought here but if i was doing wheelies on pavement and i had alot more kilometers on these than i said, wouldnt the other back tire or even the front two show similar wear? Just a thought. Every lug on this tire, inside and out is cracked and separating.

Top Bottom