good places to camp around Jasper, Valemont, Mc Bride

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, the wife and kids are looking for some good camping spots west of Jasper and into BC. We are not taking any quads or bikes and are looking for something for 2 young girls to do, any suggestions? Prefer campsites that I don't have to stare at the neighbors trailer if possible.

Thanks

Robins

Reaction score
There is a campground across the highway from Mt Robson visitor info and there is a good white water rafting company a few kms West of there. They have a trips from class 2-4. There is also a nice hike up Mt Robson to Berg Lake. Its about 22km hike to Berg Lake and there is another lake around 10km mark. The top section is pretty steep switchbacks so depending on the age of the kids...
Jasper Whitewater Rafting Alberta Jasper Whitewater Rafting BC Canada

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also recommend Mt. Robson. I worked there for a summer and if you want to get away from everyone, this will be the place to be, since the campground is small. The sights are amazing on the hike up the trail and there are some excellent rivers for swimming or White Water Rafting in, for all
levels of experience.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank for the Mt Robson idea trip was fantastic and the sites were great.

Thanks again.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's good to hear. The last 4 places i've been to have been such a bust. Seems to be no good campgrounds around now, unless you go as a family, as your kids are like 10. Telling people your going to kick them out before they even get to their site is BS! :rant:

Top Bottom