Good Place to Book Vacation?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this winter me and the lady would like to go on a vacation to somewhere warm. Neither of us have been anywhere except to Italy, where we did a bunch of touring, sight seeing and travelling. The vacation we are planning, would be primarily for relaxing purposes, but wouldn't mind going on some tours and doing some fun activities (like fishing, seadooing, whale watching, etc). Have been really looking at mexico, since the price is pretty good, but definitely open to any other suggestions. Wherever we go, it would be nice if its all inclusive, and has to be at LEAST 4 stars, if not 5. My main question is, what is a good travel agent/ website to book through? I have no idea where to start, just want to go to a really nice, safe place, and get a good deal. Would prefer to fly with west jet. Let me know your ideas.:cool:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My last two tropical vacays have been to the Dominican Republic. We flew into Puerto Plata then caught a bus to Río San Juan. We stayed at Bahia Principe Río San Juan. Awesome resort very big, very safe, they do tours right from the resort but if you walk down the beach to the east you can take tours from and independent guide. Here is one photo from our last trip of my boy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352063916.875167.jpg and one of my girl at Valentines dinner ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352063966.828519.jpg

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We also booked through airmiles. Had enough to pay for one of us and part of another and it was thru air transat.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed at one of the Riu resorts last winter in Nuevo Vallarta the Riu Jalisco. It was listed as a 4 star but much of it felt more like a 5. Beaches, pool, and food were awesome. The hosts, activity people and bartenders were all top notch. It's close to Puerto Vallarta for shopping/sightseeing or very close to Bucerias for a more authentic Mexican feel. We booked through Flight Centre but some friends booked through Sears Travel a couple days after us and were almost $100/each cheaper.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife was on Red Tag yesterday and found a all inclusive five start in Cuba for $1420 all in for 2 ppl. I've never been to Cuba but for that price why not?
Check it out.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cuba's nice. Jamaica is pretty good, the water is awesome, but the locals are really pushy. We've been to mexico a few times...we had a great time in Puerto Vallarta last year....the people were great, but if you're going for the ocean, the Pacific isn't the best. We're heading to Playa del Carmen on Tuesday...I'll let you know, as I've never been there before.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Playa del Carmen is nice we we were there in sept for the second time. Heading to runaway bay jamacia in january on a customer work trip

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out excellence riveria maya, thats the nest place i would like to stay at. 5 star all inclusive, my last trip we booked through sears travel (flew westjet vacations)

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out excellence riveria maya, thats the nest place i would like to stay at. 5 star all inclusive, my last trip we booked through sears travel (flew westjet vacations)

X2. My folks went here this past winter and LOVED it. They have been to different resorts and cruises and said this one was top notch. Said they've never been to anything like it. They would recommend it to anyone looking for an all exclusive resort to visit

Sent while not working too hard

Top Bottom