Good Maps for Horburg to find Lamoral/Caboose?

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tex you say the trails getting bad? My dad took me there when i was a kid and we drove the truck there.... It was a 2wd!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tex you say the trails getting bad? My dad took me there when i was a kid and we drove the truck there.... It was a 2wd!!!

trail was bad for texs kawasicki, your truck will make it no problemo. u seen his kawasicki. held together with duct tape and haywire.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya the last few years have had lots of traffic , jeeps ect. Wash outs

Not the best. Some holes are deep. Depending on what ya ride the chicken trails might be best.

Going to Palmers cabin way by passes some of the bad stuff.

All the tracks and trail treesels are gone.
Might just have to go for a ride and show ya. Seeing as I'm 10 min east of rocky.

I know the trail from horberg to nordegg like the back of my hand.

trail was bad for texs kawasicki, your truck will make it no problemo. u seen his kawasicki. held together with duct tape and haywire.

Never mind old man.

sent from my HTC while working

Last edited:

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in horburg. Have all my life I quite quading a while ago.... Can't believe the trail has been turned into something muddy/soft it sure never used to be

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya.

The jeeps have realy wrecked it.

The saw mill way is just about In passible even with my quad and 30 's

sent from my HTC while working

crmxgirl

Reaction score
I was finally to the lamoral/caboose site last weekend and realised how many times we had driven past the turn off. The huge ravine is getting bad and the bridge is still out but its passable so far this spring, although we've ridden through there the last few years without too much problem. Its probably not for the inexperienced or quads with poor brakes/engine braking. I can give pretty decent directions without a map if anyone is still interested (Through the ravine along the rail line) Last weekend was the first time we've ridden through the palmers cabin way and it was a much easier ride.

Bandit_750

Reaction score
I was there this may long weekend. I never would of found it without our guide. We went to the train car that is down in the ravine, (the gargoyle is creepy) and then headed back to the caboose.

I was told the name Lamoral was what the train stop was called. There is a old schoolhouse, caboose, stable and outhouse there.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah every year its getting more and more wrecked... i have a membership at wilderness village rocky and have ridden to there many times since 96.. but have not been there in the last 5 years....

Glenn90

Reaction score
I was there this may long weekend. I never would of found it without our guide. We went to the train car that is down in the ravine, (the gargoyle is creepy) and then headed back to the caboose.

I was told the name Lamoral was what the train stop was called. There is a old schoolhouse, caboose, stable and outhouse there.

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
I would also love to have a map that is not for a GPS. Or even just a verbal description of where this is. I ride that trail a few times a summer and have yet to find the caboose and other buildings.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also love to have a map that is not for a GPS. Or even just a verbal description of where this is. I ride that trail a few times a summer and have yet to find the caboose and other buildings.
Not sure if this is what your looking for it is one of 7 maps from my post number 13

Attachments

• rocky to nordegg - east to west #3.JPG
    rocky to nordegg - east to west #3.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 82

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or this is one of my maps of that area. The red flag marks the spot.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom