Gone but not Forgotten

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going along with our focus on Club support, I am working on an article to pay tribute to those who have been pillars in their own local clubs and associations or snowmobiling in general but have passed away.

This is something pretty dear to my heart, as I work on updating the Nelson SnoGoer brochure. Our SnoGoer family recently lost someone dear to us. One who was a pioneer for not only our club, but Powersports in general. Mike Seminoff, my bosses father, and my friend. His passing left a huge void in our club for sure. Before I made my first SnoGoers Meeting, Mike had already nominated me Treasurer and Secretary. I couldn't say no to him. He was a strong man, yet kind. Driven, yet a man with an awesome sense of humour. One of the last things he asked me to do was to update the brochure.. there are a few changes to update it, but I think I want to commemorate his efforts, and recognize that not everything new is automatically improved. A blending of old and new I think is crucial for the foundation of all clubs.

There is much wisdom that our Club elders do and have done to support the growth of our sport. I'd love for your input and help on this one. I know the Kokanee Country Snowmobile club also lost someone who is well known for his efforts and contributions a couple of years ago. There are more out there I'm suspecting.

We can just post up in this thread. Funny and touching stories would be awesome too.. and Pictures!!! lots of pictures!

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Thanks for this Trish.

Pat Whiteway was Executive of the Kelowna Snow Hoots for many years as well as BCSF Pres as well. Pat came into this sport as an enthusiast racing sleds throughout Western Canada and possibly the US. Some of his iron is still in the Okanagan as collectibles.
You may find more info from the BCSF or his Daughter Deanna (sp) who remains a "sledder chic" in the Kelowna area.

RS

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this Trish.

Pat Whiteway was Executive of the Kelowna Snow Hoots for many years as well as BCSF Pres as well. Pat came into this sport as an enthusiast racing sleds throughout Western Canada and possibly the US. Some of his iron is still in the Okanagan as collectibles.
You may find more info from the BCSF or his Daughter Deanna (sp) who remains a "sledder chic" in the Kelowna area.

RS

Thank you Randy! I will see if I can get in touch with his daughter! I am so thankful for the contributions of those before us and would love some way to bring to the focus their efforts that make this sport what it is today.

take care! Hope to see you soon

Trish :)

Top Bottom