Golden Wedding

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! so me and my boyfriend were about getting married in golden. We are looking at Heather Mountain lodge and Kicking Horse resort..anyone have any experiences, stories, recommendations (good or bad) about.. wedding planners, salons, photographers, videographers, decorating, venues in golden??

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check my blog and website:

!

Have camera(s)... will travel! :p

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oooo.... send me a message with prices :) do you only do photo's ..no videos by any chance? lol

Sending you a message- I should probably know your wedding date, as I am already pretty booked up! I do have HD video on my camera, but I am just too busy taking the photos to ever use it!

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sending you a message- I should probably know your wedding date, as I am already pretty booked up! I do have HD video on my camera, but I am just too busy taking the photos to ever use it!

Oh ok, were not 100% set on the actual date but it will be mid september 2011 :)

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AWESOME!!! We considered the Kicking Horse Resort as well, it is so beautiful up there. Congrats!!!! :beer:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey quickclicker, fun times! I lived in Golden for 20 years and still live nearby. Can probably offer some tips on services for you. Heather Mt Lodge and the ski hill will give you two different experiences. Depends what kind of event you're after and what kind of things your guests are into. Heather Mt is a fair ways North of Golden and more remote and would offer a more intimate setting. The lodge is amazing and would be a great location for a wedding. The ski hill obviously gives you more options for lodging, venues and activities outside of the wedding. I would expect KH resort to have an events coordinator on staff that organizes functions like weddings.

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Taminator! It would be greatly appreciated. We won't be going in the winter and I dont think any of us Ski, so the intimate Heather Mt. Lodge is looking better for us but we are not leaving Kicking Horse out!

So this is the places I have ..

Hair:
Personal Touch & Reflections Hair

Video:
Rider Media (they can always do the DJ'in as well)
Canadian Rockies Video (Mark Groehl)

Cakes:
Cozy Cave Bake House
Sugar Buzz Bake Shop
Cheryl Tomash

Florists:
Flowers from home

Decorating:
Groove Wedding

Photography:
Sled Mamma ;)
Andrew Wheelhouse