Golden Snow 2013

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind 90cm to date and a 90cm base are 2 different things. I would believe 90 so far, my friends were up ski touring today out in Parker's ridge and there's lots up there already.

The report says 'Height of Snow' as being 90cm it says nothing of YTD snowfall.

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
True. But either way, I'm sure there is a meter of snow up there by now and it's lookin like a good start to the winter!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep that's be 90cm Height of snow. As in right now. I was up ski touring on Farnham Glacier today with just under 90cm sitting on the ice. YEP 90cm. There was an rain crust burried 60cm down or so but couldn't get it to fail in a test done by a friend. Seems to be setting up nicely on the glacier. Wonder how the quartz area is building??? I know a few dudes who went for road rides in there this week. Said there was a couple of feet on the road. They did NOT go past the end of the road. They left the meadows before the cabin for ones more keen then they... haha

HAYDENC

Reaction score
when do you think you will go up to quartz??? im heading to revy the second weekend in movember and was thinking on the way back to Calgary stopping in for a ride at quarts?? think it will be safe to go??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To tell ya the truth last year we went to quartz on remb day.

All the micu's were there and the said they go every year to quartz at that time.
Only place that has enough snow unless something magical happens somewhere else.

sent from my htc

Hangfire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hngfiretraining.com
This pic was taken with GSR a couple days ago on Farnham Glacier!
GOPR1510SM.jpg

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any base yet?

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
base or no base you are not going, excuses 1 to 5

WTF Larry, as if you're going to ride with no base!!! I definitely would not go because i'd have a fawking aneurism pulling you out all day HAHAHA

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF Larry, as if you're going to ride with no base!!! I definitely would not go because i'd have a fawking aneurism pulling you out all day HAHAHA

way to early for any base as such. and what ya think we invite ya for, ya big friggin bastage, hehe, to save me from a heart attack.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard some boys have gone to Quartz Cabin, but I'd wait till at least after this next system! We'll let 'others' test the base... haha.
Please post photos if you have been to the cabin!! Show me how much snow is there!!
Edmonton show this weekend, and I'll be on snow somewhere the weekend after. I'll post photos and stats!!

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll get some loaded up soon ya almost impossible to cross the bridge prob 2 feet can't get past cabin still lots of rock do'n

Trencher

Reaction score
can't wait will be up there on the 15th of November... so pumped!! Nothing some more parts can't fix.... it is Early season riding. Aaron is anyone stocking Polaris parts in Golden yet?

Hangfire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hngfiretraining.com
Went up to Quartz Sunday.. about 50 cm at cabin.. a few creeks to cross and such getting there.. would not sled past cabin unless you want to become better friends with some rocks and stumps. Rode from Parking lot. But by end of day much of the lower road snow had melted..so a little dirt riding on the way out. cabinsmall.jpg creeksmall.jpg

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up to Quartz Sunday.. about 50 cm at cabin.. a few creeks to cross and such getting there.. would not sled past cabin unless you want to become better friends with some rocks and stumps. Rode from Parking lot. But by end of day much of the lower road snow had melted..so a little dirt riding on the way out.View attachment 139423View attachment 139424

Looks like another month to wait yet! Thanks for the updates.

Top Bottom