golden 8-9-10 kickin the shheeet out of the hills

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were arriving sat morning around 9 in golden coffee and subway up then I think the plan is to ride quartz sat and gorman Sunday.... Don't think were riding silent pass, too far too long, too much fuel etc.... Would be great too hookup with a couple crews though. Not sure who's running Larry's crew but maybe we can get some sort of sheet show half assed half baked plan going from now until sat lol

everywhere is to long of a drive for jeff. he must be quick, all the girls say so.

we are not riding quartz as far as i'm concerned, small area.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Charge up the video cameras and put fresh batterys in the camras. Something stupid could happen:trustme:

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
All I heard is that he takes to many pee breaks (kinda like a pregnent women) and it takes too long to get to your detination. Thats why you can't go too far, otherwise you will just be able to unload your sleds and turn around and go home. but what do I know. :beer: I'm up for Gorman any day thats forsure.

everywhere is to long of a drive for jeff. he must be quick, all the girls say so.

we are not riding quartz as far as i'm concerned, small area.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Room is booked! Gonna check the forecast! Bringing different shades of goggles and sunscreen! Got two muff pots to try and decide what to cook in em for the weekend.... That Rain on Saturday better F'n hold off until monday!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats ok jeff can only ride a 400 because thats the only size he can ride (800 rev only running on one side= a 400):PDT_kap:. Dont feel bad about a 700, just because we aren't trying make up for the lack of man hood!:alol2:

You guys werent playin' swords again were ya! Glad our rooms are divided haha That's just wrong:d:d:d:d

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I heard is that he takes to many pee breaks (kinda like a pregnent women) and it takes too long to get to your detination. Thats why you can't go too far, otherwise you will just be able to unload your sleds and turn around and go home. but what do I know. :beer: I'm up for Gorman any day thats forsure.

Hows that big Pig M1000 running?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey larry mabe u have never rode all of quartz...... its as big of an area as gorman if not bigger....... have u been to all 5 sides of it?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey larry mabe u have never rode all of quartz...... its as big of an area as gorman if not bigger....... have u been to all 5 sides of it?

been from park boundary to boundary and 51. yes it's a good size, but you can't tell me it's the size of lang, holt and east quartz. otherwise i may need to see the mountain. have rode quartz for alot of years, 97 on.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been from park boundary to boundary and 51. yes it's a good size, but you can't tell me it's the size of lang, holt and east quartz. otherwise i may need to see the mountain. have rode quartz for alot of years, 97 on.

i have never gone to east quartz from the gorman side....

but i was including east quartz from the quartz side.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never gone to east quartz from the gorman side....

but i was including east quartz from the quartz side.....

that makes all the difference. we never came in from quartz. supposed to be an area 54 farther north than area 51, have not been there. don't get me wrong quartz is good riding, have spent many an hr stuck there. seems to be a theme here.:d

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
We have usually stuck to holtz at Gorman, its easier to tow a sled out of there is ya have to. gorman is a big area with lots of riding to be done thats forsure. Quartz I find is fairly big aswell, I'm sure there is lots of places at quartz I haven't been yet but where I have been was alot of fun for what it has to offer. I like Gorman cause it has more advanced riding to offer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that makes all the difference. we never came in from quartz. supposed to be an area 54 farther north than area 51, have not been there. don't get me wrong quartz is good riding, have spent many an hr stuck there. seems to be a theme here.:d

area 51?????????????????????????? thats revy man

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard lots of people refer to area 51 at quartz. I always thought it was in revy but maybe I'm missing something?

I love my 1000 but shes is a pig alright! I've heard of area 51 at Quartz as well. Saw pictures as well, it looks great, heard it can be real rocky in there too... Anyone got GPS with them when were there?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 1000 but shes is a pig alright! I've heard of area 51 at Quartz as well. Saw pictures as well, it looks great, heard it can be real rocky in there too... Anyone got GPS with them when were there?

You guys should talk to Tex, I sent him an email about it. Leave the GPS at home and go explore it.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys should talk to Tex, I sent him an email about it. Leave the GPS at home and go explore it.

I think sled manufacturers should build GPS stock into sleds! Don't get me wrong, I'm a Kooteney boy at heart when it comes to exploring. I roamed from Kelowna to cranbrook growing up, camping hiking, dirt biking, sledding, partying, running from the law etc....:d:d:d:d:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard lots of people refer to area 51 at quartz. I always thought it was in revy but maybe I'm missing something?

you are right, jeff is such a newby, he doesn't get out much. there is an area 51 in revi also -jeff you are right- in a way.

Top Bottom