Going to look at an '06 Arctic Cat 650 v2 tomorrow….

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anybody who owns one suggest anything in particular I should pay attention to? This is the first quad I am concidering. Any other tips on what to look for in general, appreciated as well.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of AC's back then (one was a 650 V2). You need to make sure the frame isn't cracked. Look at all the welds under the seat. This chassis is good for mud and the Kawi V2 has good power, but any sort of a dry trail ride at any speeds will wear you out....or put you upsidedown. (ask Imdooin). The 650 Canned Ham or 660/700 Griz are much better machines.....

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2007 I bought 2 new AC TRV's one a 650 and the other a 400. Sold them, well gave them away last year and they had less than 1100km on them, and were like new! Did not hold resale at all! Would I buy them again?? NO. I think they would be good around the farm etc doing chores but for trail riding they were very very stiff, that 650 does not start well in any cold weather or even in the garage for a week or two. After we bought we were able to ride other brands which are friends had and it seems like these AC's were very under powered and did not give a good ride at all. Great two up system for taking a second rider but other than that I was never impressed with them.

2skis

Reaction score
Can anybody who owns one suggest anything in particular I should pay attention to? This is the first quad I am concidering. Any other tips on what to look for in general, appreciated as well.

I had that same quad. Tony Stewart edition. Motor blew in it, Rear engine seal always leaking. U-joints needed changing seasonally. Replaced 3 axle seals You asked on here to know the truth take it from us, DO NOT BUY A CAT ATV!

Buy a Can-am or grizzly then you know what you got.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you could get it for 3500-4000 and just use it for a plow, it might be a good deal.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was the original budget but you know how that goes! I have a 15 year old boy who says I can't push snow in the summer. So I guess it will be dual purpose.

Top Bottom