Goggle Rest for Rev?

600 SummX

Reaction score
Anyone have or know of a good idea for an under hood goggle rest. I'm always concerned my googles are going to burn on the exhaust, while they are defrosting.

K

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the old screen from the hood. Put it on the exhaust then my googles on that.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I put mine on the motor top between the plugs... Gloves also. close hood, Works good.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
YUK IT UP BIGFOOT... REV'S CAN'T DOO THAT.... GUESS YOU'VE NEVER LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD OF ONE, EH.... STILL LIVING IN THE DARK AGES??? LOL

Must be :rolleyes: .... last time I looked under the lid of one was @ the show.Guess never took note there was not enough room for gogles anywhere :doh: Should of been more attentive, Eh ! :D

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'f ya had a Yamaha you could put them in the seat compartment, with the exhaust running out the back, its kinda like a heated compartment. No place for a muff pot, but they have a bun warmer.

I made a aluminum and screen carrier, mounted it infront of the can, always had a pair in it. Swapped out when needed. Have no pics sold the sled.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Have A Tunnel Bag On The Back Of The 162" 1000rt And I Keep Water, Etc In It, And It Doesn't Freeze Like It Does Anywhere Else. Heat Exchangers Under The Tunnel Keep The Spare Gloves And Sandwiches Thawed Too...;)

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny yami's didnt come with a hairdryer and boot dryer . Youd think they would be able to unplug one cyclinder and pump warm air into a tumbledryer or sumthin......hell ....weights not an issue here....is it?:)

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The heavy ones need to be ridden to you know.:D There is a blower right beside your right foot. ( small fan and rad)

Trencher

Reaction score
It might be an expensive solution but if you trade your doo doo buy a polaris then you wouldn't have to worry about it....:D:D:D Just kiddin... my buddy changed out his stock can for a light weight smaller one(2004 rev 800) and store his goggles in there for ten minutes when we stop for a drink or to laugh at the last guy stuck.HEHE Usually me But that is another story. Not sure if that can work for you. Good luck with your solution and let us know how it turns out.
:confused:

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my rev there is a bracket which holds my shovel in place under the hood. i rest mine there. just make sure that those pesky goggle straps don't rest on your pipe... they melt.:Ccry:

600 SummX

Reaction score
on my rev there is a bracket which holds my shovel in place under the hood. i rest mine there. just make sure that those pesky goggle straps don't rest on your pipe... they melt.:Ccry:

I've done that, but like you said, if the strap falls its going to burn. Fortunately, I haven't burnt one yet and I'd like to keep it that way.

One idea came to mind. Been thinking about mod'n one of those folding weiner cookers and fastening it to the underside of the hood in place of the foam (probably better for thawing gloves rather than holding goggles). We'll see.

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
summitx we have the same sled.
i tried taking out my foam from the hood, much more difficult than any of the other foam. not too sure why.
you're lucky you haven't burnt any straps yet... i've melted a couple, but at least i have a story to tell when someone asks me why my straps are so ugly.

Top Bottom