Goggle Recommendations

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the No Fog mask and am happy with the warmth and the fog free part. Bought it at Royal Distributing. Doesn't look weird under your helmet. $45

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went with the 509 x5s after trying on scotts, 100%s and dragons, the 509s fit my 509 helmet the best.

i have a respro foggy in my helmet that i usually only wear cold days. Did a fog test out side -18 out. They fog without movement breathing hard no breath deflector and no fogging with deflector. Cant tell deflectors in helmet so thats the ticket and im leaving it in helmet all the time.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I have literally tried EVERY brand of goggle out there.... Smiths make a damn good goggle... But that oakley airbrake a couple people are talking about is hands down the best... but pricey! If I was looking for a decently priced goggle that wasnt going to fog on me I would go to a smith... Bigger names = more money for R&D and thats what pays off in the end... Unfortunatley... Im glad everyone thinks the 509's look cool but MAN... have you ever ridden before?? lol.. those things... I dont even know what to say lol. Even my friends that have them dont like them. Anybody can make a product and call in "sled specific"... that doesnt mean they are good. Smith.. Or oakley doesnt even MAKE a goggle fan.... Becuase they dont fog up. Thats your hint right there... If someone had to produce a "fan" you have to buy AFTER the purchase of the goggle so it doesnt fog up.. that should be a pretty good indicator right there. just my two cents.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 509's will be used for quadding and dirt biking this year. Hopefully they work ok for that as they sure as **** don't work well for sledding

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have literally tried EVERY brand of goggle out there.... Smiths make a damn good goggle... But that oakley airbrake a couple people are talking about is hands down the best... but pricey! If I was looking for a decently priced goggle that wasnt going to fog on me I would go to a smith... Bigger names = more money for R&D and thats what pays off in the end... Unfortunatley... Im glad everyone thinks the 509's look cool but MAN... have you ever ridden before?? lol.. those things... I dont even know what to say lol. Even my friends that have them dont like them. Anybody can make a product and call in "sled specific"... that doesnt mean they are good. Smith.. Or oakley doesnt even MAKE a goggle fan.... Becuase they dont fog up. Thats your hint right there... If someone had to produce a "fan" you have to buy AFTER the purchase of the goggle so it doesnt fog up.. that should be a pretty good indicator right there. just my two cents.

smith was the first to have a fan built in their goggle. If i could have went to a store and tried them (smiths) on in my helmet and fit they would have been sold. 509s fit my helmet and they are fogging POS with out a breath deflector. So many times i tried them they fogged in the trees and i almost just left them there. Put my 10 year old dragon dx goggles and boom no fog!

going to give these x5s a shot with the breath deflector in and it will be the last straw with 509. If they suck with a breath deflector going in the garbage.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Im not sure why people keep trying all these different goggles after reading these posts lol... keep "trying" whatever you want. Enjoy your "breath box" or anit fog gaurd or whatever peice of %^&* you have to put on your face to restrict your breathing. The word fog hasn't even come up with me or my group since we got airbrakes and a couple other oakley products. its NOT your breath thats the biggest issue with making your goggles fog up... its the crappy lense and the cheap quality... I can take my oakleys off and put them in front of the nose peice on my helmet and breath right on them... when im ready to go... I slide them over they arent fogged up. Maybe im missing out by not buying some attachement or anti fog thing...... lol

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not sure why people keep trying all these different goggles after reading these posts lol... keep "trying" whatever you want. Enjoy your "breath box" or anit fog gaurd or whatever peice of %^&* you have to put on your face to restrict your breathing. The word fog hasn't even come up with me or my group since we got airbrakes and a couple other oakley products. its NOT your breath thats the biggest issue with making your goggles fog up... its the crappy lense and the cheap quality... I can take my oakleys off and put them in front of the nose peice on my helmet and breath right on them... when im ready to go... I slide them over they arent fogged up. Maybe im missing out by not buying some attachement or anti fog thing...... lol

Wow you're an angry angry angry little man ..... what does it matter you why other people are trying different goggles ... they all fit different and not all fit everyone the same ... your precious Oakley air brake may not fit that great on everyone ... I have wore my 509 for 4 years and never had a fog problem till this year !!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow you're an angry angry angry little man ..... what does it matter you why other people are trying different goggles ... they all fit different and not all fit everyone the same ... your precious Oakley air brake may not fit that great on everyone ... I have wore my 509 for 4 years and never had a fog problem till this year !!!!

Baaaaaaaaaaaa , Omg that's funny

sent while I should be drinking tea's

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Only issue I've ever had with my 509's is after digging for a couple hours to get unstuck, sweating my @$$ off then throwing my helmet on, but then again I think any goggle would have fogged at that point, lol.

I love the aviators. I got a pair of the X5's this year but haven't tried them yet.

Top Bottom