Goggle Recommendations

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was sold on the Smith I/OX but then I got to looking at the SPY Platoon goggles too... not that huge of a difference in $ but I still like how easy it is to swap lenses in the SMITH goggles. Just have a hard time with the $200 price tag is all :(

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ozone guy on here is selling the I/OXs to snow and mud members for 130 shipped. Definitely the best deal around from what I have seen.........unless you have an inside connection ;)

biggie25

Reaction score
Just picked up a 509 C2 helmet and aviators goggles.. seem to be a tight fit.. will have to see about the fog issues.. seems like good quality stuff for a decent price..

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the past two days with my new Smith I/OX that I picked up for a good deal @ O-Zone.

Awesome goggles. Very comfortable, perfect fit in my helmet and the field of view is great. Got two lenses, Blue Sensor and Red Sol-X. The Red is for pure-sunlight days so I never got to try it, the blue is a low-light lens that worked well the last two overcast days. I'm a big sweaty guy and I couldn't fog them up. Sure they will fog when sitting still, but it was much less noticeable than other goggles I have tried and the moment they got even a little air flowing through them (ie: face into a light breeze) they would clear instantly. They iced up once but that was my fault as I got some powder in them when I had them off and didn't knock it out enough. A couple minutes under the hood and they were good to go.

:headbanger:

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
I love the Oakley's with the quickstrap. HJC has good breathbox/helmet combo, Skidoo sells them. Bought 509 Aviators--big time suck. Have about 7 balaclava's and only like my 1980's old crusty one and the Gears one which is very similar and simple..

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a pair of dragons and a pair of 100% to try this year, 509's are crap in my opinion.

How are the 100% goggles? Pulling the trigger on 2 pairs, getting non mirrored lenses racecrafts.

Throwing 509s away.... Garbage! If they arnt fogging up the chrome lens is wearing off.

canadiancon

Reaction score
How are the 100% goggles? Pulling the trigger on 2 pairs, getting non mirrored lenses racecrafts.

Throwing 509s away.... Garbage! If they arnt fogging up the chrome lens is wearing off.

I wouldn't buy another pair of 100% they fog and ice up very easy, I bought a pair of bolle from costco for 30$ and they out perform the 100% by a long shot.

BigTree

Reaction score
Personally I found the 100% to be the best goggles I have worn in the winter, and use them in the summer to. Every person and helmet will fit goggles abit differently. I am very very happy with my 100%.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oakley has a new " over sized" goggle out the "Canopy" fits great in a helmet comes with the hi yellow lens sells for 190.00

I will sell to snow n mud members for 145.00 tx in and free shipping call the o zone 403 -225 7773

thanks the o zone guy dave !!!!!!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great... Mixed reviews on the 100%... Same as 509s... Guess ill have to buy one pair and try them.

drew17

Reaction score
Stay away from sled googles and buy a good set of ski googles. In my opinion my 200 dollar smith are best money I ever spent fan is so silent and actually works and any time I fog just give it throttle and vent in lens clears it up right away. Just my opinion tho

Sent from my iPhone using

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried the 100% on. Barely fogged, just a bit in the middle and quickly went away demoing in the store with a helmet on breathing hard. For reference... 509 x5s fogged alot stayed fogged, the scott hustle fogged between the 100% and 509s.

100% looks great and seem to work great but they need to be 1" wider in the frame area to fill the helmet better and foam does touch the corners of my eyes

Two friends of mine that have their 509/ fog both wear dragon nfx and afx goggles and they say they are great so im trying a pair of the nfx. My 10 year old dragon dxs work great just do t have the big face foam for the cold days

Big_Guy

Reaction score
I bought 4 different goggles this year and I'm 50% happy. Dragon vendettas fit good and tight to your face don't fog up. Dragon nfx are way to big of goggles and don't even fit in my helmet and I wear a xxl helmet. X5s fog up right away, not happy with them as the old sinisters never fogged for me. Then bought some FXR mission goggles they fit awesome in my fly helmet and tight to my face with zero fogging so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 4 different goggles this year and I'm 50% happy. Dragon vendettas fit good and tight to your face don't fog up. Dragon nfx are way to big of goggles and don't even fit in my helmet and I wear a xxl helmet. X5s fog up right away, not happy with them as the old sinisters never fogged for me. Then bought some FXR mission goggles they fit awesome in my fly helmet and tight to my face with zero fogging so far.

What kind of helmet? I got a xxl 509... The nfx may be too big then.. I could try the vendettas then or the snowmobile dxs seeing they work for me all the time.

Big_Guy

Reaction score
What kind of helmet? I got a xxl 509... The nfx may be too big then.. I could try the vendettas then or the snowmobile dxs seeing they work for me all the time.

Fly racing helmet. I actually gave the nfx goggles to my buddy to try in his 509 helmet and they didn't fit right for him. I don't think the size of helmet makes a difference in the size of the shell? Could be wrong tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fly racing helmet. I actually gave the nfx goggles to my buddy to try in his 509 helmet and they didn't fit right for him. I don't think the size of helmet makes a difference in the size of the shell? Could be wrong tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife has a medium 509 and her sinisters barely fit where there is a gap all the way around with my 509s.

A guy i know has nfx in a xl 509.... Says they fit but i cant trust his judgment being he only rides in sask so they may fit and not fog here but may be another story in the hills.

My sinisters are perfect for here and **** in bc.

Big_Guy

Reaction score
My wife has a medium 509 and her sinisters barely fit where there is a gap all the way around with my 509s.

A guy i know has nfx in a xl 509.... Says they fit but i cant trust his judgment being he only rides in sask so they may fit and not fog here but may be another story in the hills.

My sinisters are perfect for here and **** in bc.

The nfx would fit In my helmet if I took out the breath box I guess but riding in cold sask I like the breath box. One thing I hate about goggles is they fit different in every helmet and different for every ones face. Hard to find the perfect set up

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few guys in our group have been using Zeals. Apparently their no fog costing actually works. Pretty disappointed with 509. Love my helmet but the Aviators and the X5 were a real disappointment.

Top Bottom