go pro mounting?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys I mount my go pro on the helmet for quadding but I was wondering if anyone has found any good spots for mounting on sleds that might show the steepness better??

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear about this too.. and to add to that:

What is a good resolution for snow: I was thinking 1080 60fps to get the slow motion.. thoughts??

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By far the coolest footage I've seen is with the camera mounted off the back of the tunnel but you need to rig up some kind of tripod or stand to get the camera up and out a bit. Being able to see the rider moving around and the sled's angle relative to the land is key. At least try to get some reference of the machine and/or rider in the frame, the most boring vids seem to occur with the camera right out front with none of the machine visible. I know ice-racing my car last year I got some awesome footage using the suction cup mount off the side of the rear fender looking forward so you could see the side of the car and the front wheel. Second best was on the roof where you could see the hood to get an idea how sideways the car was. Worst was mounted right on the front bumper with no frame of reference off the vehicle. Hope this helps..

Turbofreak

Reaction score
I have a mount stuck on the end of the handle of my shovel ( best to tie-rap it as well if you value your go-pro ) and just extend the handle out through the zipper of my avy bag...makes for a cool point of view. Give props to Randy Swenson for showing me this one. Back of the sled is ok but mostly get yourself rather then terrain...try this, you'll like the footage.

Big BUBBY

Reaction score
Hi guys I have been making these mounts for about a year now we're called hardoncameramounts we have some pictures up on this link
Also depsnolvr has made some amazing videos using this mount check us out and PM me for more info

Top Bottom