Go Pro helmet cam questions

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a GoPro HD helmet cam. tested it out today and it plays back on the TV beautifully. My Problem is when I save the file to my PC and view it with QuickTime Player is seems a little herky jerky. and Windows Media Player seems like it it a little like slow motion. Any input would be greatly appreciated

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep mine is like that too. if you upload it on movie maker it works good, and if you upload it on the web its fine. I dont know why this it.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your computer may not have enough HP to handle the high definition video. My laptop will play 720P OK, but will choke on 1080P. The 1080P video will be jerky on my laptop.

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you set the definition lower on the recording? most will have settings to lower, i know mine does better on medium settings for everyday set up.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a GoPro HD helmet cam. tested it out today and it plays back on the TV beautifully. My Problem is when I save the file to my PC and view it with QuickTime Player is seems a little herky jerky. and Windows Media Player seems like it it a little like slow motion. Any input would be greatly appreciated

How did you get it to work on windows media player? Media player doesn't recognize the MP4 format. I can't make it work without converting the video first.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you get it to work on windows media player? Media player doesn't recognize the MP4 format. I can't make it work without converting the video first.

it worked when I was shooting at 1080 but no I can't get it to work at 960 ??

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It has to do with your computer speed. Our video worked perfectly on my Mom's Apple computer and then when I put it on my hubby's laptop- jerk city!! (I need to get me one o' dem dere fandangled new Apples..)

I still haven't found a good program for editing the high quality video on my PC. I use huge memory intensive editing programs that will run concurrently and interact with each other for my photography with absolutely NO issues, BUT when I try to edit the footage from our new helmet cam it takes me hours and hours of waiting and sighing and restarting the program and such. And then, when I did finally get 2 minutes of edited footage, I posted it online and it looks like chit!!! How is that fair??? Suckz!!

Top Bottom