Give away, For Free.........

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I was pretty sure MOST herbicides are unavailable in Alberta to "Joe Regular" as of last summer. I bought "weed n feed" last spring...then went again towards late summer and couldn't find it anywhere....the guy at Crappy Tire said you can't buy 2-4-D in Alberta anymore. What's the poop? I only have fertilizer in mine now. My neighbor comes from a farm and comes over with his mask and coveys and sprays all the boys in the neighborhood with "the good stuff". I'd rather put on "the old stuff".

Harp

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I was pretty sure MOST herbicides are unavailable in Alberta to "Joe Regular" as of last summer. I bought "weed n feed" last spring...then went again towards late summer and couldn't find it anywhere....the guy at Crappy Tire said you can't buy 2-4-D in Alberta anymore. What's the poop? I only have fertilizer in mine now. My neighbor comes from a farm and comes over with his mask and coveys and sprays all the boys in the neighborhood with "the good stuff". I'd rather put on "the old stuff".

From what I understand it's just the weed and feed that you can't buy as to many people were over applying.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand it's just the weed and feed that you can't buy as to many people were over applying.
That is correct. There was a lot of misunderstanding, and everyone panicked by cleaning out the shelves.
I bought some roundup last fall, no problem.
The dandelion bar is ok some of the time, but they seem to go to seed quickly after that. I think the dandelion bar in the late summer is the ticket.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to UFA and give them a municipal address, if you own over an acre you can get the goood stuff. If you dont have a municipal address use boggers.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A full rate of atrazine should do it!!!... After all I would hate to see you lose riding time due to lawn care!:d:beer:

Top Bottom