Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ice is off?

Can I luanch my boat or is it too low??

I am pretty sure we were out this time a few years back

thanks

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man all you guy's are dire hards between wab. and this ghost lake everyone is itchin' to get on the water. I'll be keeping mine in the shop under the tarp for a couple weeks yet. She's ready to go just have to change the impeller which takes no time. I guess you could say i'm a fair weather boater, getting soft in my old age. I have a brand new wake skate to try out:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man all you guy's are dire hards between wab. and this ghost lake everyone is itchin' to get on the water. I'll be keeping mine in the shop under the tarp for a couple weeks yet. She's ready to go just have to change the impeller which takes no time. I guess you could say i'm a fair weather boater, getting soft in my old age. I have a brand new wake skate to try out:d

I have a new to me Supra that I need to get wet....:beer:

I also have a dry suit for surf n, my feet get a bit cold otherwise dry and warm. suposed to be 21 and sunny for sunday. and I am not allowed to go sleding lol,, so might as well go for dip.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you actually ski on ghost lake??

lol sorta always though of it to be a crummy lake, but then again its been a loooong time since i have been there haha tri-haul days old.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Calgary I used to ski there all the time. There are a few good spots to get out of the wind. Earliest I've been in there was Easter, skiied at Sunshine one day and Ghost the next. It was much warmer at Sunshine.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Calgary I used to ski there all the time. There are a few good spots to get out of the wind. Earliest I've been in there was Easter, skiied at Sunshine one day and Ghost the next. It was much warmer at Sunshine.

Ghost reservoir is some damn cold water!!! You'd need a dry suit for sure or you would have to move to the Sahara for year to get yur balls to drop back down!! :eek::eek:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you actually ski on ghost lake??

lol sorta always though of it to be a crummy lake, but then again its been a loooong time since i have been there haha tri-haul days old.

its clean and cold but can be windy,, closests lake to me this early,, down in the north cove area its usually nice and sheltered

sweet thoose are good weekends,,, late april for me last year...:beer:

Ghost reservoir is some damn cold water!!! You'd need a dry suit for sure or you would have to move to the Sahara for year to get yur balls to drop back down!! :eek::eek:

thats right Doc,,, only with the dry suit and surfing is comfy in the dry suit... its still frozen, a week or 2 more we need rain to eat the ice....

rampager

Reaction score
Im heading out that way today, will post what its like tonight.
Im expecting it to be frozen..... but the river isnt :d

rampager

Reaction score
yup still ice, looks pretty thin tho so I'd say a week at most left.

River was damn skinny, the worst ive seen it even tho my usual guage at the bridge looked not bad. I guess the river can be low while the resevoir is maintained higher. Made it to what we call "wall street" but we tagged ALOT getting there. My female passenger was really good tho, her first time and she wasnt kickin my ass or anything :d Even I wouldnt have wanted the hits to have been any harder or more frequent lol

I think Transalta opened up the dams tho because after a long nice relaxing fire cookecd meal on shore the run back down was alot easier so the river was at least 4 inches deeper.

Great day on the water

Top Bottom