Getting Shot at Kinda Sucks

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm clearing brush with the hoe on my acreage yesterday, the sun's shining, got the door open, tunes are playing, all's going good...when pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-smash...5 rounds with a semi-auto ring out, and the last one takes out the side window, 5" from my head. Call the cops, they find a 19 year old kid from next door who says he was trying to sight in his rifle. The day got a little hairy for a bit.

Attachments

• Bullet Hole.jpg
    Bullet Hole.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 503

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So I'm clearing brush with the hoe on my acreage yesterday, the sun's shining, got the door open, tunes are playing, all's going good...when pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-smash...5 rounds with a semi-auto ring out, and the last one takes out the side window, 5" from my head. Call the cops, they find a 19 year old kid from next door who says he was trying to sight in his rifle. The day got a little hairy for a bit.

Holy crap!

No other marks? Maybe he doesn't shoot so good....good thing, eh!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd press charges. What kinda clown can't see a bright yellow track hoe working next door?:der:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
:rant:...That's crazy !.... Sure glad your still here to tell your story !

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd press charges. What kinda clown can't see a bright yellow track hoe working next door?:der:

stray bullets can go for miles!

glad you're ok, i honestly dont know what i would do..... demand he'd be barred from shooting, PAL licence revoked never to be reapplied for since its a MAJOR no no you learn in the course, civil suit
ALWAYS know whats behind what you are shooting at.... he should of been at a range shooting at a target with a dirt mount backing...

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and demand all his rifles be confiscated and given to you.... or at least destroyed

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know the kid? the calibre of rifle would determine the amount of rpm's I would have reached when I spun a fawking bearing on him....

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be really scary glad to hear your ok maybe you should organize a good lynching party

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow your lucky, So whats the deal with this guy, blind, mentally unstable?..or just a little low on the mush between his ears!...On another note your living up to your Avatar!:d:d:beer:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cops confiscated all his guns and ammo, yanked his PAL, and charged him with criminal misuse of a firearm. He was shooting at a log on the east side of his property, which is the west side of mine. He said he could see me in the hoe, and see the dirt scatter under the log when the bullets were hitting the ground, but didn't have an answer when the cop asked him if he was retarded for shooting in my direction. I was thinking a good ol fashioned ass whooping was in order, but I'm pretty sure his dad has already taken care of that.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cops confiscated all his guns and ammo, yanked his PAL, and charged him with criminal misuse of a firearm. He was shooting at a log on the east side of his property, which is the west side of mine. He said he could see me in the hoe, and see the dirt scatter under the log when the bullets were hitting the ground, but didn't have an answer when the cop asked him if he was retarded for shooting in my direction. I was thinking a good ol fashioned ass whooping was in order, but I'm pretty sure his dad has already taken care of that.

I would still goober with a big stick !!

I am all over a good whooping party Todd... :)

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the replacement window should be LEXAN if the kids old man didn't kill him ,little to close for comfort

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like everybody else has said on here, good to see nothing too bad happened from this. On another note I didnt realize one had to unload 5 shots in a row to "sight" in his rifle. I would think you would want 1 at a time and adjust from there. did you hear any shots before the 5 in a row were unloaded?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for interest's sake, what do you think you would dress out at??

Top Bottom