Getting out of a traffic ticket

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started driving in 1980 and since then i gotten maybe at MOST 5 speeding ticket's. The last one i got i was driving along a road that i drive regularly, its marked for 70km/hr, i was going 80+km/hr. It could had been 82 or 87....what ever don't exactly remember.
Either way i was coming back from my lawyer's office for my divorce and i was kinda day dreaming of all the crap that was going on, i'm sure lots of you can relate.
I think the cop saw something wasn't right so he made it quick. I paid it with out dispute, it was like $80 at the time, about 8 years ago.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it's the RCMP that do let things slide. It's sherrifs/peace officers that's don't. Now I do realize that without any order in the world, it would be chaos, and sherrifs/peace officers do have the chitty end of the stick to law enforcement.

In my experience I was pulled over by a peace officer for not having the 15 sticker on my plate last spring. He came up and told me my plate had expired and wanted my license and registration, as I opened the pouch my sticker fell out. He went to his car then came back saying he was going to call a tow truck for driving a vehicle without insurance, all because my slip was expired by literally a couple days (3 tops). I was distraught at this point with him, telling him to look it up you'll see I have insurance, but refused to. I sat waiting in my truck for 5 minutes and he came back saying "he'll do me a favor" and wrote me a summons and ticket around $2300 for driving without insurance, if I can prove it in 24hrs it will be waived, as well as a fine for failing to produce insurance but let the sticker slide.

I thought it was pretty petty as he could have given me a warning for it all since my driving record is clean (or was). If it was a second offence then clearly I would have deserved something.

Sent from my iPhone

ABOMB177

Reaction score
You couldnt be more correct suzuki_rider. I have never been pulled over by a RCMP but the peace officers and sherrifs sure do like making sure I pay the window tint tax. Just got nailed in Gibbons last week. He was a super nice guy about it though. Oh well thats their job

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
must depend on the officer... my wife got pulled over the other day for the same thing. only a couple days past. the peace officer said make sure you get it done in the next couple of days and let her go. no warning or anything!
I find it's the RCMP that do let things slide. It's sherrifs/peace officers that's don't. Now I do realize that without any order in the world, it would be chaos, and sherrifs/peace officers do have the chitty end of the stick to law enforcement.

In my experience I was pulled over by a peace officer for not having the 15 sticker on my plate last spring. He came up and told me my plate had expired and wanted my license and registration, as I opened the pouch my sticker fell out. He went to his car then came back saying he was going to call a tow truck for driving a vehicle without insurance, all because my slip was expired by literally a couple days (3 tops). I was distraught at this point with him, telling him to look it up you'll see I have insurance, but refused to. I sat waiting in my truck for 5 minutes and he came back saying "he'll do me a favor" and wrote me a summons and ticket around $2300 for driving without insurance, if I can prove it in 24hrs it will be waived, as well as a fine for failing to produce insurance but let the sticker slide.

I thought it was pretty petty as he could have given me a warning for it all since my driving record is clean (or was). If it was a second offence then clearly I would have deserved something.

Sent from my iPhone

aocbiz

Reaction score
You couldnt be more correct suzuki_rider. I have never been pulled over by a RCMP but the peace officers and sherrifs sure do like making sure I pay the window tint tax. Just got nailed in Gibbons last week. He was a super nice guy about it though. Oh well thats their job

I don't get the window tint law???
if you travel to Miami or Arizona and probably many other states in the south, the police cars themselves are tinted out all the way around...and the homicide ivestigation teams outa Edmonton have tinted out units, but it's illegal in Canada for me or you to tint out the front doors of your truck car etc.....makes no sense!! Just one more example of it's ok for the cops to do it but not the general public.........just sayin.....

probably cuz they can say they can't see you so they will shoot first then say you were a gangster that's hiding something so you tinted your windows bang bang ....one more bad azz off the street (tinted window bad dude).

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my wife was pulled over in GP on her way for an emergency ultra sound due to pregnacy complications... not only did she get a speeding ticket... while in tears she couldn't find her regy... she got that ticket too... when asked for direction to hospital she couldn't get any from the female peace officer... she then found her reg but it was too late the "Cee U Next Tuesday" left her crying on the side of the road... stupid ignorant french girl... if your in GP and she pulls you over watch out!!!... talk about no common sense... with RCMP they have always been great to me... but i pull over right away and follow the tips RCMP dad says... but if they have a yellow jacket on and a quota to fill your probably getting a ticket... just saying... and yes I deserved every ticket i got... just some i accepted better because of the officers attitude towards me

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife was pulled over in GP on her way for an emergency ultra sound due to pregnacy complications... not only did she get a speeding ticket... while in tears she couldn't find her regy... she got that ticket too... when asked for direction to hospital she couldn't get any from the female peace officer... she then found her reg but it was too late the "Cee U Next Tuesday" left her crying on the side of the road... stupid ignorant french girl... if your in GP and she pulls you over watch out!!!... talk about no common sense... with RCMP they have always been great to me... but i pull over right away and follow the tips RCMP dad says... but if they have a yellow jacket on and a quota to fill your probably getting a ticket... just saying... and yes I deserved every ticket i got... just some i accepted better because of the officers attitude towards me
ah, the two vaginas cancelled each other out. guaranteed coupon.

Cummins610

Reaction score
I get about 1-2 tint tickets a year, think they are $54. Part of life I guess, wouldn't go without it that's for sure. Always when they get in a big group on a major freeway and need to make quota, never been waved over for speeding, just the tint.

Last edited:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah those same peace officers and sherrifs had a road block set up a few years back just past the Columbia ice fields. Was on a fairly steep down hill decent with a speed limit change. I remember my son driving my duramax coming down the hill with exhaust brake on pulling my TT. Was doing 90kmh guy jumps out in front and almost got ran over.Total speed trap they were so busy they had to get off the laser to write every one up.They were real dics with attitude. Remember it well.Paid the fine and sucked it up.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate those tinted windshields with a passion. I've been at a couple confusing incidents at intersections where I thought I was going to get rammed. Couldn't see the driver and couldn't tell his/her intentions. Why do you need that in a place where the sun doesn't heat up your vehicle interior so much anyway.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anybody now what happens if you have unpaid tickets that are past due? is there a automatic warrant for you? i dont think they will go looking for you but what would happen if you get pulled over again? just curious for a know a person who has unpaid tickets and havent paid them they are waiting for when there regristration is due? im curious if being pulled over would be a problem if pulled over

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anybody now what happens if you have unpaid tickets that are past due? is there a automatic warrant for you? i dont think they will go looking for you but what would happen if you get pulled over again? just curious for a know a person who has unpaid tickets and havent paid them they are waiting for when there regristration is due? im curious if being pulled over would be a problem if pulled over

In BC you cannot reinsurer your insurance till ALL fines and outstanding debt are paid up front.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
In Alberta it's registration,cause insurance is private.You can't renew registration till all tickets are paid.
In BC you cannot reinsurer your insurance till ALL fines and outstanding debt are paid up front.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Alberta it's registration,cause insurance is private.You can't renew registration till all tickets are paid.
Also in Alberta if you have over $500 of unpaid tickets you risk a short license suspension as well. That's how it was years ago, not sure if still is. Ya can't renew registration if you have any unpaid fines.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
around 5 years ago I was pulled over in whitecourt for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. the officer took my license and registration and went back to her car. she came back and asked me if I knew that there was a warrant out for my arrest! I had no idea! when I asked what for she could not tell me. all that it said is that there was a warrant out. I got put in the back of the police car and spent 2h in a holding cell. when they finally figured out at the police station what it was for it ended up being a court date that was not waved after I paid and over due speeding ticket. needless to say I was not impressed and on top of that I was given an other court date for the failure to appear! I went to that one and pleaded the stop sign ticket and the crap I went through and the judge cut the fine in half. all this happened while driving a company vehicle on the 43 right in whitecourt with 2 other employees in the vehicle. lol

i'm going on 5 years clean driving record now... don't want to deal with that chit again!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also in Alberta if you have over $500 of unpaid tickets you risk a short license suspension as well. That's how it was years ago, not sure if still is. Ya can't renew registration if you have any unpaid fines.
also, in AB if you have over $500 in outstanding fines the officer (at his discretion) can arrest you on the spot. if he does so, a JP is the only one that can release you if you cannot pay the fines at time of arrest.

Top Bottom