getting a new track

STOLLER99

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if you people would have some suggestions for what i should get for a new track, I have a 08 nytro powder lites 280 pump gas kit and have 16x174x2.5 with stock apex skid with extensions and was thinking of getting a 15x162x2.5 this year hopeing it might make the sled easier to throw around, or would a 15x174x2.5 track make much of a difference with the 1" less width than what i have now. would like to hear your input and i do need a new track because the one i have is getting pretty tore up.
Thanks

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the shorter track is easier to throw around. Think turning around an S10 in a parking lot versus a full size pick up. I dont know from experience about going to 15'' wide but...i have heard of shorter guys doing this on XP's to help them to lay the sled over. Hope that helps a little

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 15 vs 16 can be compensated for by learning how to ride

as far as the length....never noticed going from a 144 to a 163 sooooooo not sure how much that is going to help you?

remember you are driving a heavy machine you can try all sorts of things its still a heavy machine

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the handling do you dislike? What else have you done to it besides turbo? Still have the sway bar? I would think it would be hard to tell the difference between 16 & 15 width tracks as far as laying a machine over but I have not tried it myself.

Top Bottom