Gettin the itch

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
I've been riding dirt bikes and quads most my life but had never really tried sledding until late last season. A bunch of avid sledders from my work convinced me to rent a sled and go with them out to Valmount. I rented a 2006 Summit 800 151" and was blown away by how much fun mountain sledding is. As soon as I got home I bought the exact same type of sled that I rented although I ran out of season and haven't had a chance to ride it yet.
It was hard enough looking at my sled sitting in the garage all summer long, and now that fall is in the air I am chomping at the bit to get out and start honing my powder riding skills.
One thing that really intrigues me is the idea of taking my snowboard with me on my sled and finding some fresh back country lines to make some turns. After spending big money at ski resorts only to stand in long lift lines and get tracked out turns, I figure what better way to enjoy some sledding as well as some snowboarding.
Are any of you out there into snowboarding and do you have any recommendations on good places to go? Also what have you found is the most effective method for packing your board on your sled? ie. strapping the board to the sled or on your back?
If you have some suggestions please let me know.
Look forward to seein y'all at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to your sled dealer. I'm pretty sure that BRP has a board rack for their sleds.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I think that Summitric or Sledbunny kids took their boards up to the hills once. Pretty sure that you can find your rack at your DOO dealer or some highend boarding shops. Sledding and boarding are becoming a good match because both are high addredaline action activities that fit the mountains perfect. I know if My knees could handle it I would do both when moutain riding. Opportunties are anywhere you sled you can snowboard or ski. Seen some doing both at Corbin last new years looked like fun.2 riders on one sled both standing up side by side holding onto the handlbars up the hill get to top let sled coast down the hill they rode down. Sled never hit a tree that I know of. Good luck Kyle and enjoy

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY KYLE.... YUP BEEN WITH A FEW BOARDERS ON SLEDS NOW. I BELIEVE THEY ALL HAD THE BRP FACTORY MOUNT FOR THE SNOWBOARDS. I THINK IN THE PICS SECTION OR ON THERE ARE PICS AND EVEN A LITTLE VIDEO OF OUR FEMALE BOARDER/SLEDDER JUMPING A FAIR SIZE CLIFF AND THEN SLEDDING UP AND JUMPING OFF THE CLIFF ON HER SLED..... PRETTY COOL... I KNOW IN MCBRIDE THE GREAT PEOPLE AT "RIDENHIDE"(SLED REPAIR/RENTAL SHOP) ARE REALLY INTO THE DUAL SPORT. CHECK IN WITH THEM, AND YOU MIGHT EVEN GET THEIR SON TO JOIN YOU??? ARE YOU GONNA MAKE THE "AVERAGE JOE'S" BEER NITE NEXT WEEK IN SHERWOOD PARK??

Last edited by a moderator:

Verti-Kyle

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I will definately check out the board rack from BRP. I think the snowmobile show in Edmonton is sometime soon? I am guessing there might be a few ideas there that I can check out.
Summitric, I wasn't aware that you guys get together for beers at Average Joes. What night is it? I will definately try and make it if I am free.
Great site, everyone has been really helpfull and friendly.
Look forward to getting to know some of you and learn a few things from some guys who obviously take their fun seriously.
*I know I am itching for snow when this morning I was scraping the frost off my windshield and that even got me excited* Lets just skip fall and get straight to the white stuff.
Cheers

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I will definately check out the board rack from BRP. I think the snowmobile show in Edmonton is sometime soon? I am guessing there might be a few ideas there that I can check out.
Summitric, I wasn't aware that you guys get together for beers at Average Joes. What night is it? I will definately try and make it if I am free.
Look forward to getting to know some of you and learn a few things from some guys who obviously take their fun seriously.
*I know I am itching for snow when this morning I was scraping the frost off my windshield and that even got me excited* Lets just skip fall and get straight to the white stuff.
Cheers

Well put I too am hoping for the white stuff to fall before the leaves do!! I have start doing thumb exerises, getting for the trottle to drop!:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Cheers

HEY KYLE: LOOK FOR THE "AVERAGE JOES" POST OR ON THE FRONT "FORUM" PAGE GO TO THE VERY BOTTOM AND IT SHOWS "UPCOMING" EVENTS AND THE "AVERAGE JOES" LINE IS THERE... CLICK ON THAT AND THERE IT IS.... LET US KNOW IF YOU CAN MAKE IT AND WE CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST. THANKS

Top Bottom