Get to the Notch from Corbin Townsite?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you get to the notch if you stage at the Corbin townsite?

I looked at the fernie map and I thought it said the pass heading north to the notch was impassable. I'm looking for a way to avoid the pipeline. Our last ride out there last season was brutal. Actually it was the forestry road from the tin shack to the pipeline that was a killer.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could allways just go to morrsey and ride up to the notch that way.I am sure u can get to the notch from corbin i think you have to go throu barnes ranch and bye griz cabin.Someone will chim in to this and ley us now.I now team dirt will now.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get to the notch from the tin shack without going up the pipeline....when u leave the tin shack at the point that you just start to leave the road and enter the pipeline you will see a power line and a trail run up over the ridge off to the right...there should be some tracks...that will take you to the coal leach road...if it has not snowed recently our group drives right past and just rides from fernie or morrissey...the pipeline can be fun later in the year when the stumps are covered but it needs alot of snow to be smooth..

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree the pipeline is only good when alot of new fresh snow falls. We always go from the Fernie side, worth the few extra miles :)

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
leave corbin and go south down the flathead road untill u come to a tee. about 20-25km. go right, u will come to cuts cabins and a little lake. carry on past there about a mile and u will see a single track trail heading off to the right, I beleive it has a fernie snowmobile trail marker on it now. Follow that trail quite a ways through some creeks. You will eventually come to a fork, stay left or you will end up back at rain gauge on the main corbin trail. Follow that trail untill you come to a large meadow with some old cabins and buildings that are mostly fallen over. this is Barnes ranch. from there go towards the buildings. if there has been no one through there yet the trail is riboned in the trees. it is kind of behind and to the right off the cabins. you will evntually end up on the flathead river. follow that all the way to the notch. stay to the main channel as the other ones will turn into creeks that will lead u back to the pipeline. It is a fair distance so take fuel if you plan on playing in the notch. Fun ride though especially in late spring when the river is flowing. hope this helps. Merry Christmas.

Top Bottom